56 replies to this topic

#21 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts
  • IGN:kevinpyr

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:51 AM

I just checked the Wiki. The page skill build seems to be intact. Tbh the Page article on the Wiki was one of the first guides that introduced me to this class, and even then I didn't know what their 3rd job was called. Anyways, the build in my guide is pretty similar so you can look that up if you want to.

Well today I did what I always wanted to: goby party as a WK. (lol oddly enough to goby as a WK was quite a motivator for me). It was pretty fun but pot consuming and I felt bad because I had to try really hard just to pin down the spawn on the bottom. I'll list my tips on gobying in a bit.

Yeah sure Eric if you can give me more details on training places I'd greatly appreciate it. Good luck with college apps!
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#22 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, I need all the luck I can get =).

Anyways, I don't know why no one ever mentions Drake Hunting Grounds (the first map out of the evil eye maps). The map is relatively small, you only get a few jr. boogies here and there, and there's usually around 4-5 drakes per platform. Up to 20% an hour I believe near level 40. About the same as block golems if I remember correctly.

Posted Image

#23 Artiste

Artiste

Rawr.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 741 posts
  • IGN:Eroding/Shaded(kMS Culverin)

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

Very nice guide! It's very informative, and has inspired me to try out a Page. After I get 3rd job on my I/L. And my Sin-to-be. And my Bandit-to-be. And my Hunter-to-be. And-- I'll stop now.... xD

If I remember correctly, MP still recovers, even if you're attacking and moving, but I can't really test that right now, seeing as I have no Maple. If my memory is still clear enough for that to be true, then MP Recovery takes on a nice role in saving MP Pots.
That Hybrid section was very interesting... I'd probably go for that, without even thinking about it twice, as I will do anything for a challenge in a game. My opinion about Final Attack is that it's useless for every class that has it. So you level a bit slower, who cares? It doesn't work for 3rd job, anyway, so you'd only be slow in 2nd job, and then catch up in 3rd. Although, for Pages, that opinion would be rather ill-founded, as they have no new attacks, but for Charge Blow. It'd only matter in 4th job, when they get plenty of new skills. If they could tough it out without FA, then they'd be all the more challenging and fun to play.
For a Hybrid Page, it'd be a very interesting Story. You could ditch FA for Mastery and some Booster for both weapons, and if you sacrifice a few in the Boosters, you could get the ever-useful Threaten, which is still used by Page players in 3rd job, if I'm not mistaken, so they could still have the skill that is so useful, but have a Hybrid Build.

Sorry for that giant post. =D

2 How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, "Violence!" but you do not save? 3 Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. 4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted. (5 is the Lord replying to Habakkuk)5 "Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." Habakkuk 1:2-5

4 "See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous will live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

Still gone.

#24 LetFireFall

LetFireFall

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3399 posts
  • IGN:1

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

MP Recovery is always happening no matter what you're doing (with probably the exception of a couple of things). I thought it was common knowledge to most people...

By the way...

Sitting in The Relaxer = 4Mp recovered every...ten seconds?

Anything else = 3Mp/10secs(?)
Posted Image

#25 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

Finally updated this. Fixed lots of errors and stuff (listed Dreamy Ghosts as 680k HP), elaborated on some parts, added points on other parts, added another accuracy calculator and a video. I'll ask for a move to the Warrior Guides section.

Hearing from MSEA players who got their 4th jobs make me jealous. I'm back on my WK for sure when 4th comes to Global.

Yes, you recover 3 MP per 10 seconds all the time. Max MP recovery changes this to 33 MP per 10 seconds. Not really a big deal considering Ginsengs recover MP anyway. The absolute max you gain from MP recovery is 30 MP / 10 seconds * 3600 seconds/hour * 2 mesos/MP = 21600 mesos/hour. Insignificant.

I would never ditch FA because WKs need it immensely in 3rd job. Even if 4th job was here (FA is finally obsolete in 4th job after Blast and Adv Charge are acquired) you would lose FA to gain the ability to use ONE single 3rd job charge for your opposite weapon (You only have enough points in 3rd to max 4 charges, because Charged Blow is a prereq for AC). I don't think it's worth it.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster

#26 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

I'm just going to make an extremely nit picky post =P.

Upon the 2nd job advancement, Pages and Spearmen recieve an MP bonus, while Fighters recieve a HP bonus.

"Receive."

Equips should be a main source of accuracy: Zakum Helmet, Warrior overalls scrolled for DEX, Shoes scrolled for DEX or Jump, and earrings scrolled for dex.

All caps DEX.

Mastery first to kill off instability, then a 90 second Booster to increase attacking speed. Then get Power Guard and its 3 Threaten prerequisite because it's wonderful.

You forgot to say Final Attack.

Stay close to the Pirate and don't jump to avoid getting shot by his magic attack (which does twice its touch).

Do you mean "jump" instead of "don't jump?"

My pick of all all the Paladin videos I've watched.

Typo?

Now that wasn't TOO picky now was it?

Posted Image

#27 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

Nah, that was actually really useful. I needed a proofread. Turns out I misspelled "receive" all 5 times I typed it. Thanks a bunch!

Yeah, I really meant "don't jump". They don't shoot you when your near close, but if you're at a distance (or elevated), they do their magic attack, and it's unavoidable.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster

#28 Cough

Cough

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • IGN:pie

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that threaten reduces stats based on a percentage, not a fixed amount.
It only takes one use to get hooked, so just say no to booster.
If quitters never win, then why should you quit while you're ahead?

#29 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

Level 20: MP -20; Enemy's weapon attack -20, weapon def. -20 for 60 seconds

20%, I think, would make it a little too good.

Posted Image

#30 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts
  • IGN:EbuIIient

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

Very prettyfull. mush1n.gif
However, due to recent events, I think there needs to be some revision(sp):

QUOTE(kevin y @ Sep 27 2007, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the Bain Garage in Showa or the entirety of Leafre comes out in gMS, WKs would rejoice and I would have to rewrite this portion of the guide due to the variety of trainable elementally weak monsters.

7. Paladin: A Peek into the Future

4th job is not in gMS at the moment and no one knows when/if it's going to be released. We do know Paladin skills in other versions of MS which have 4th implemented. There is no guarantee that the skills will be the same when they're released in gMS, however. Regardless, here is what's in store.

• gMS gets Leafre in 16 days. As you said, you should "rewrite this portion of the guide due to the variety of trainable Elementally weak monsters." mush1n.gif
  • 4th job skills are confirmed, and not going to be changed anytime soon.
  • I think it's important to have three bullets, because three is a magic number, yes it is, it's a magic number.

Edited by BlackShade, 30 December 2007 - 05:36 PM.

Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really useful for anything, but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#31 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

Yeah I'm aware of that. I do want to have personal experience with 4th job and the new monsters before I write anything up on them though so I'm waiting until after 4th job's release to add anything.

And it's true Threaten is not 20%, I take ~700 bump from duals without Threaten and ~600 with but never below 560.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster

#32 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts
  • IGN:EbuIIient

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(kevin y @ Dec 30 2007, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I'm aware of that. I do want to have personal experience with 4th job and the new monsters before I write anything up on them though so I'm waiting until after 4th job's release to add anything.

And it's true Threaten is not 20%, I take ~700 bump from duals without Threaten and ~600 with but never below 560.

20% Threaten would be awesome.
40% damage from PG, 20% From Threaten, Lol. Pages/WKs would have almost no damage, anywhere. mush1i.gif

And that makes sense, I'd rather read a guide built on personal experinces than a guide built on thought. mush1z.gif

Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really useful for anything, but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#33 ChompDude

ChompDude

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:ChompDude

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

I recall training on Yeti and Pepe during I think...80-85? I dunno, but I remember training on Yetis, thanks to the fire weakness.
Just call me...Don Chomp.

#34 Kerist

Kerist

Iron Hog

• MD Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:32 PM

For a blunt weapon page, where damage instability is at its worst, I think it would be interesting to see how pure DEX versus Accuracy plays out. Sure, as a warrior, there is a widespread sentiment that the less DEX the better, but DEX does add more to minimum damage than maximum damage if I'm not mistaken. And if swords are that much more stable, than a Blunt Weapon Page may consider higher base DEX, and scrolling for equips as much as possble for pure DEX stat versus Accuracy(Would mainly be an issue with shoes as far as I know).

#35 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Does DEX really raise minimum damage? Anyhow, it may prove that putting those extra points into STR (which definitely raises all damage) would be more helpful than stabilizing the damage of a BW, considering average damage dealt.

Posted Image

#36 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

Yes DEX raises both maximum and minimum damage. But why bother with DEX if STR raises both your minimum AND maximum by a much larger amount? Even for 2H Blunt Weapons, STR raises minimum damage 3.4 times as much as DEX does.

I should come up with an update to this in the near future. Busy with school and what-not.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster

#37 Kerist

Kerist

Iron Hog

• MD Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:05 PM

Well, I don't know damage calculations that well. There was an old Basil Thread that showed the formula for STR/DEX/ATK = Damage but I don't think it addressed the minimum versus maximum damage dealt thing. Guess, the only way to be sure would be to have a BW Page with Mastery maxed, and good at math, take note of his attack range after adding either DEX vs Strength.

And yeah, an update would be nice. What actually drops those skills we want so bad would be REALLY nice(Holy charge, Advanced Charge).

I still don't really get how that works. Originally, it sounded like they were untradeable, but now it seems like a tradeable item opens up a quest to unlock a new skill? And that item is not stackable beyond 1 at a time in inventory? I say this because of oh so many levels spent at Duals and coming across a couple Storybook for Night Lords which apparently grants them Ninja Storm.

#38 skypie12

skypie12

My hunter is my life!

• Official Member
  • 571 posts
  • IGN:chamsrock

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:14 PM

Awesome, I'm going to go make a page side project. I don't like partys that much so it looks great for me.
Coldplay is epic win! Anyone else agree?

#39 Zaiaku14

Zaiaku14

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • IGN:xZaiakux

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Dude you helped me alot thnx

#40 Kerist

Kerist

Iron Hog

• MD Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Is Holy or Advanced Charge available upon advance? Or are those things you need to hunt? If hunting required, is it clearly labeled as such, or is it one of those letters or books that are not quite clear as to what they give? Thanks in advance, Or I could just wait 6.1 levels but Meh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users