Kutasuma

Symphony War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • IGN:xRazu

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

Dexless Assassin Guide
BY: Kutasuma of Mapletip, IGN: Kawakun(Scania)

*Note: I am currently level 40, but able to provide information

Content

1. The Thief

1.1: Introduction (If you are new to maplestory, i will provide information if you are low funded)
1.2: Making A Proper Thief
1.3: Getting the Job
1.4: Skill Path
1.5: Places to train(1-30)
1.6: Pros & Cons
------------------------------
2. The Assassin

2.1: Introduction
2.2: 2nd Job Advancement
2.3: Skill Path
2.4: Places to train(30-70)
2. The Hermit

2.1: Introduction
2.2: 3rd Job Advancement
2.4: Places to train(30-70)
2.5: Misc Skill Path
3. Recommended Equipment

Stats:

STR: 4
DEX: Any
INT: 4
LUK: Any

Or

STR: 5
DEX: Any
INT: 4
LUK: Any

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The Thief
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.1 Introduction
Hey cool, you would like to become a thief! Seems like you needed help so keep reading.
Just as you thought, thieves uses stars and daggers like they always do. But in this guide
i will only be explaining how to make a thief using stars! Being an assassian has made
this game fun not only for me but for thousands of players. We just around like rabbits on drugs and toss stars(kunai). Well.. Let's move on, by now you must be hyped up or looking for more information on your class.
1.2 Making A Proper Thief
We all know that thieves don't always rely on defense, and i am here to explain why.
Dexless Assassins have very low defense compared to a normal build assassin. To
make a proper thief you must have money(meso)! If you missed my warning above read now! You HAVE to be funded to make a proper dexless assassin, If you are not funded move on to the bottom for equipment options. The order that i usually go for is (Glove > Claw > Stars). The reason being is that the glove is a main factor in a thief's live, wether it be dexless or normal. It adds att(attack) to your damage. The luck to att ratio changes as you progress to higher levels. At the beginning, it's around 2-3:1 att, where later on its around 5:1att at the 9Xs. Why the claw before stars? The claw is a major item for a thief! It's what allows you to throw stars and is basically what gives the highest att in your equipment inventory. Finally the stars! These are what allow you to hit monsters and deal your damage. It's the assassins soul!
1.3 Getting the Job
So your level 10 and wondering where to become a thief! Head off to kerning City! The home of assassins alike! Make your way to the “Jazz Bar”. Once inside go down and talk to “Dark Lord”. Now you will be a Thief, called a “Rogue”. You can finally begin your harsh training on becoming a dexless assassin!
1.4 Skill Path
In this part of the guide i will provide you with what skills that must be maxed or worked on.

Be sure to obtain a (Garnier) and + it if you wish.

LVL AP
-- --
10 - Lucky Seven (1)
11 - Nimble Body (3)
12 - Keen Eyes (3)
13 - Keen Eyes (6)
14 - Keen Eyes (8) [Maxed], Lucky Seven (2)
15 - Lucky Seven (5)
16 - Lucky Seven (8)
17 - Lucky Seven (11)
18 - Lucky Seven (14)
19 - Lucky Seven (17)
20 - Lucky Seven (20) [Maxed]
21 - Disorder (3)
22 - Dark sight (3)
23 - Nimble Body (6)
24 - Nimble Body (9)
25 - Nimble Body (12)
26 - Nimble Body (15)
27 - Nimble Body (18)
28 - Nimble Body (20) Dark Sight (4)
29 - Dark Sight (7)
30 - Dark Sight (10)

Final SP(Skill Point) Distribution

Nimble Body (20) [Maxed]
Keen Eyes (8) [Maxed]
Disorder (3)
Dark Sight (10)
Lucky Seven (20) [Maxed]

Q & A
-------------
1. Why max Nimble Body?

Well, this skill is what helps accuracy and avoidability. It increases it each time a point
is place in it.

2. Why max Keen Eyes?

Simple, it increases the range in which your stars can travel, without this you will be hit
alot trying to attack monsters at close range.

3. Why Disorder?

You need this skill to unlock Dark Sight.

4. Why max Lucky Seven?

This skill is your assassins life until the 4th job advancement which i will not cover till
it's released. It's your main attack and also does damage based off luk.

5. Why Dark Sight?

This skill is quite useful. It allows you to travel across maps without being harmed. Although
you can still be hit by certain high level monsters. You can also afk for a bit.
1.5: Places to train(1-30)
First off, Maple Island

1-10 : Do all of the quest on maple island but DO not turn it in yet! Wait till your level 8.
Hunt green snails, blue snails and small mushrooms. Avoid the red snails and giant mushrooms! Do this until level 8 while completing every quest on maple island if you can. Once level 8 turn them all in and watch your exp sky rocket!

10-15 : Henesys Hunting Ground (Snails/Slimes & Green Top Mushrooms)

15-20 : Pig Beach (Pigs and Ribbon Pigs)

20-25 : Horny Mushrooms(Sleepywood)

25-30 : You have two main choices.
*Do party quest in kerning city
*Hunt Horny Mushrooms in the ant tunnel in sleepywood.
2. The Assassin
2.1 Introduction
Well, well! You got far quick so it seems, or was it slow? As you figured your class soul purpose is to throw stars and jump around. By now you should be use to doing this, read on for your job advancement.
2.2: 2nd Job Advancement
Let's move on. As you figured you have to head off to kerning city and speak to the "Dark Lord" for your next job advancement. Once you obtain his quest head out of the "Jazz Bar". Leave kerning city using the portal to your right; continue to do this until a green blinking icon shows up above one of the maps. Speak to the npc, afterwards he will teleport you to another map where you must kill the monsters within it. You will not get a single exp point but you will have to collect 30 "Dark Marbles". Once you have obtained all 30, speak to the npc again on top of the building and he will supply you with a metal. Head back to kerning city and talk to the Dark Lord. Congratulations! You have finally become an assassin!
LVL AP
-- --
30 - Claw Mastery (1)
31 - Claw Mastery (2) Critical Throw(1)
32 - Critical Throw (4)
33 - Critical Throw (7)
34 - Critical Throw (10)
35 - Critical Throw (13)
36 - Critical Throw (16)
37 - Critical Throw (19)
38 - Critical Throw (22)
39 - Critical Throw (25)
40 - Critical Throw (28)
41 - Critical Throw (30) [Maxed] Claw Booster (1)
42 - Claw Booster (4)
43 - Haste (3)
44 - Haste (6)
45 - Haste (9)
46 - Haste (12)
47 - Haste (15)
48 - Haste (18)
49 - Haste (20)[Maxed] Claw Mastery (4)
50 - Claw Mastery (7)
51 - Claw Mastery (10)
52 - Claw Mastery (13)
53 - Claw Mastery (16)
54 - Claw Mastery (19)
55 - Claw Mastery (20) Claw Booster (6)
56 - Claw Booster (9)
57 - Claw Booster (12)
58 - Claw Booster (15)
59 - Claw Booster (18) [ Stop here ]
60 - Endure (3)
61 - Drain (3)
62 - Drain (6)
63 - Drain (9)
64 - Drain (12)
65 - Drain (15)
66 - Drain (18)
67 - Drain (21)
68 - Drain (24)
69 - Drain (27)
70 - Drain (30) [Maxed]

Under Construction[Restarting sin]

Edited by Kutasuma, 29 October 2008 - 09:37 PM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 yayforfudge

yayforfudge

STOP

• Official Member
  • 1287 posts
  • IGN:iStealHobos

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

Pretty nice start. Looking forward to reading the whole thing when it's done. :]

#3 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

I have a couple of critisisms.
You HAVE to be funded to make a proper dexless assassin.

Why would you have the normal build of a sin, where you can max L7 first and level faster?. You still have range, but at the beginning, dmg>range.

It adds att(attack) to your damage. Ex.( 10 Att WG[Work Glove],
adds 1-10 attack to your screen damage. {800+10=810}. )

This part is completely out of context. The luck to att ratio changes as you progress to higher levels. At the beginning, it's around 2-3:1 att, where later on its around 5:1att at the 9Xs

*Note: I am currently level 40, but able to provide information

No offence, but being a level 40 does not give you enough experience as a assassin to write a guide.

Sorry for sounding mean, but that's how I see the guide.

#4 Kutasuma

Kutasuma

Symphony War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:09 AM

Why would you have the normal build of a sin, where you can max L7 first and level faster?. You still have range, but at the beginning, dmg>range.

At lower levels, sins alike and different can be ksed easily.. The more range.. The easier it is to attack monsters which others are going after.

This part is completely out of context. The luck to att ratio changes as you progress to higher levels. At the beginning, it's around 2-3:1 att, where later on its around 5:1att at the 9Xs

That i never knew, thanks for the tip... mush1n.gif

No offence, but being a level 40 does not give you enough experience as a assassin to write a guide.

Indeed it does..

1. Leveling and playing with other dexless sins for the last few months ive learned enough... 2. My mother plays and shes currently level 80, and a hermit.. (Yes omg my mother does play, so what? mush1o.gif )

If you don't mind ill be using the info you gave on the wg mush1k.gif

Edited by Kutasuma, 07 September 2007 - 06:11 AM.

#5 fanimily

fanimily

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 371 posts
  • IGN:SirLuckaIot

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

Keep it up cuz it looks really good! I think it will come out to be one of the decent guides out there!

EDIT: You should include recommended equipment, LUK equips, ATT WG, BBH etc.

Edited by fanimily, 07 September 2007 - 02:05 PM.

Back on Windia in the form of WunPeace xP

#6 xSin

xSin

Lycanthrope

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:xSin

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Kutasuma @ Sep 6 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Original Post-

If you're funded, I don't think you would be training at Pig Beach at level 15. With my noob sin that I made to test out possible damage, I could one hit KO pigs at level 10 with a level 1 L7. Also, I started 1hkoing horny mushrooms at level 17. Also, for level 20-25, I believe it would be faster to train at green mushroom, considering you have average money.

Also, why can't unfunded people make a low dex sin? Sure, it would be harder at the beginning, but there's still chances of getting rich.

#7 Kutasuma

Kutasuma

Symphony War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:46 PM

No idea why you had to quote the entire thing... Please remove it madmush42vx.gif , anyways.. ill go on my low lvl sin and test it out right now.. mush1n.gif

For the low funded thing, the reason being is that the damage won't be as it should lvling..

Ex. Funded.. lv 20 does about 400/500 dmg
Unfunded,, lv 20 does about 200-300 dmg

#8 TheTaken

TheTaken

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • IGN:1DontThink

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

I will use this, thanks.
^_^

CODE
Goals
- Gain level 10+ >DONE
- Gain level 20+

>NUDGE

#9 ashin13

ashin13

Wraith

• Official Member
  • 514 posts
  • IGN:Time will tell.

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:28 AM

If you think that you have to be funded to be a Dexless Assassin, then you're sadly mistaken. No offense but in the beginning sure funded people will have Tobis/Steelys/Ilbis and an attack Work Glove. But that barely adds any damage in the early levels.
Sure maybe around level 35+ you will start seeing the damage difference but it's nothing to fret about. Even around level 100+ there MIGHT be a big damage difference. But by then the unfunded person could have merchanted or just saved up and be able to afford the same equips as the funded person, just later then wanted.

Overall, unfunded Dexless Assassins can be just as successful as a funded Dexless Assassin. There are also MANY unfunded Dexless Assassins that are doing just fine.

#10 N0B0DY

N0B0DY

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • IGN:Nobody...

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:47 AM

nice guild o.o mushdevil1.gif How come my emotions won't show up o.o

#11 fanimily

fanimily

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 371 posts
  • IGN:SirLuckaIot

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

Actually your view is wrong ashin!

At lvl 2X I notices that I was outdamaging unfunded sins and other characters in KPQ! I was nearly doing double their damage sometimes. So if Uberdamage is your thing then go dexless sin with the best equips. It seems at lvl 30 I was outdamage unfunded lvl 40's so... IN YO FACE xP

Back on Windia in the form of WunPeace xP

#12 IAreJay

IAreJay

Spam till you drop.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • IGN:Necrophile

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(Kutasuma @ Sep 8 2007, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonder if I've done something wrong then, I got a level 28 Dexless, and I do around 250-350. I am funded, but since it's in eMS my equipment is extremly limited.

My Equip is as follows.
WG:5 Att(Not even mine, I borrowed it. xP)
Crappy top to boost defence.
Camo legs, also for defence.
Uh, those pink shoes from the bowman shop in henesys.
Green bamboo.
Ragged Cape, 5 Dex.(100%'d ;;D)
Base Dex 25+8.
Think I got like 130ish LUK atm.
5 Str and Int(I have no patience.)
Tobi stars.

I know it's not heavily funded, but still I believe you're off there.

#13 Sahweet

Sahweet

An island of reality in an ocean of diarrhea

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1234 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:30 PM

10-15 : Henesys Hunting Ground (Snails/Slimes & Green Top Mushrooms)

15-20 : Pig Beach (Pigs and Ribbon Pigs)

20-25 : Horny Mushrooms(Sleepywood)

25-30 : You have two main choices.

*Do party quest in kerning city
*Hunt Horny Mushrooms in the ant tunnel in sleepywood.

Your recommendations will be quick, but I believe mine are much better. mush1k.gif

10-15: Slime Tree (If you know how to maneuver Assassins, you don't have to worry about punching)

15-20: Pig Beach

20-25: Wild Boars

25-35: Teddies (Sky Terrace <2> in Ludi)

35-45: Fly-Eyes (Aqua map; you'll need Dark Sight) - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Fly-Eyes. I leveled really quickly.

45-55: Coolie Zombies (Map 3 is my favorite)

55-70: Forest of Golem or you can go back to Coolies if the idiots there bother you. :>

Of course, you can add in PQs here and there but I never relied on PQs to level. I just did them for fun. (Even though they never end up being fun mush1j.gif)

Note: I am a level 66 DEX-less Assassin so I do know what I am talking about.

LVL AP
-- --
30 - Claw Mastery (1)
31 - Claw Mastery (2) Critical Throw(1)
32 - Critical Throw (4)
33 - Critical Throw (7)
34 - Critical Throw (10)
35 - Critical Throw (13)
36 - Critical Throw (16)
37 - Critical Throw (19)
38 - Critical Throw (22)
39 - Critical Throw (25)
40 - Critical Throw (28)
41 - Critical Throw (30) [Maxed] Claw Booster (1)
42 - Claw Booster (4)
43 - Haste (3)
44 - Haste (6)
45 - Haste (9)
46 - Haste (12)
47 - Haste (15)
48 - Haste (18)
49 - Haste (20)[Maxed] Claw Mastery (4)
50 - Claw Mastery (7)
51 - Claw Mastery (10)
52 - Claw Mastery (13)
53 - Claw Mastery (16)
54 - Claw Mastery (19)
55 - Claw Mastery (20) Claw Booster (6)
56 - Claw Booster (9)
57 - Claw Booster (12)
58 - Claw Booster (15)
59 - Claw Booster (18) [ Stop here ]
60 - Endure (3)
61 - Drain (3)
62 - Drain (6)
63 - Drain (9)
64 - Drain (12)
65 - Drain (15)
66 - Drain (18)
67 - Drain (21)
68 - Drain (24)
69 - Drain (27)
70 - Drain (30) [Maxed]

This is the order I went; which in my opinion, is the best.

- 5 Mastery
- 6 Booster (lasts 1 minute)
- Maxed Critical, 5 or 10 Haste in between. You'll be leveling quickly so I don't think being weak will be a problem. I mean you are DEXless.
- Maxed Haste. Again, leveling is very quick in these levels.
- Maxed Mastery
- 3 Endure
- Maxed Drain (This will be maxed at level 66, like I am right now. mush1k.gif)
- Rest into Claw Booster (You'll end with 18 when you're 70)

The reason why I prefer 6 Booster is because 1 minute is just fine for me. I've lived with it up until now and it hasn't bothered me one bit.
Also, you said to maxed Drain last. I maxed Drain before Booster because... well... it's a good change. I guess it could help motivation, but most of all, when Drain is at 15~20ish you'll only need 100 Unagis/Barbarian Elixers for a while...

This is all opnion by the way.

Edit
QUOTE(iNub @ Oct 22 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Kutasuma @ Sep 8 2007, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonder if I've done something wrong then, I got a level 28 Dexless, and I do around 250-350. I am funded, but since it's in eMS my equipment is extremly limited.

My Equip is as follows.
WG:5 Att(Not even mine, I borrowed it. xP)
Crappy top to boost defence.
Camo legs, also for defence.
Uh, those pink shoes from the bowman shop in henesys.
Green bamboo.
Ragged Cape, 5 Dex.(100%'d ;;D)
Base Dex 25+8.
Think I got like 130ish LUK atm.
5 Str and Int(I have no patience.)
Tobi stars.

I know it's not heavily funded, but still I believe you're off there.

Agreed at that.
You can't really determine how much a "funded" person will do. You should include what being "funded" means. Some people can be funded with a 8 ATT Work Glove, others will funded with a 12+ ATT Work Glove.

Windia
Alldaze: level 5X Mercedes - Active for break; add me! :3
Polydor: level 14X Mechanic
DrParasite: level 176 Marksmam
Sahweet: level 80 Hermit

Posted Image

#14 Artiste

Artiste

Rawr.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 741 posts
  • IGN:Eroding/Shaded(kMS Culverin)

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

Great guide. It's kinda informative already, finish it and it'll be even better. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
2 How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, "Violence!" but you do not save? 3 Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. 4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted. (5 is the Lord replying to Habakkuk)5 "Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." Habakkuk 1:2-5

4 "See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous will live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

Still gone.

#15 Heroes

Heroes

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Fryst

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

I really like it! nice job on the guide, DO NOT DELETE IT QQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users