October 5th, 2007, at around midnight EDT, a preliminary version of the site has been released. Note that this isn't the official release, so don't expect everything to work or look good. Note that the site will need to go through extensive debugging even after the release, at which point I will have a forum set up just for that. Note that I also updated the progress information.
Check it out -> http://onlysoaa.com
- Information about me, my interests, my thoughts on the happenings of the world and various hand-picked interesting stories along with my commentary.
- Discussion forum to talk about just about anything. The site is called onlySoaa, but it isn't just about me.
- Image gallery for members to post pictures and art.
- Truly valid XHTML 1.0 Strict. I won't be lazy with this one.
- I will code everything you see. I don't like prefabricated software.
- The forum will be innovative in its own little way, to promote open discussion. You'll see what I mean.
- Much of the site will rely on the forum framework.
- Community-driven. Members ask, I'll do my best to code.
- AJAX-enabled elements, like a shoutbox or posting replies.
- KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid.
- No bloat, all content. Smilies will never be implemented in any way.
- Feature-bloat will be avoided at all costs and new features will only be implemented once finished and polished for best user experience.
- Promoting open discussion is a central point in my site. Off-topic discussions are encouraged, provided they follow guidelines.
Once I have something to show, I'll put it up on my domain. For now, progress information. Anything over 60% works, anything over 90% works acceptably well.
Install system - 100%
Module system - 80%
Registration and login - 80%
Forum framework - CURRENTLY RESTRUCTURING - 30%
Blog system - 60%
Gallery system - 0%
Administration system - 0%
Last but certainly not least, the site is be located at http://onlysoaa.com.