50 replies to this topic

#41 O RLY?

O RLY?

エクソシスト

• Official Member
  • 357 posts
  • IGN:XReikou

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

Personally I wouldn't want to control my dreams because I like the wacky stuff that happens when I'm dreaming. Lots of things I would never be able to think of while wide awake pop up, and I very much enjoy the randomness.

I agree with that actually. :] My dreams are always so fun to remember. Usually I'm like, "Uh, what possessed me to even conjure that up in my small brain? O_O"

And I'm also a firm believer that my dreams are there to help me... or something. Let's take my dream last night, for example. It was absolutely insane... and of course it included me being beaten for some reason, by some random chick I've never known. ANYWAY. In an attempt to hide from her, I ran into a room of the house which looked like it was -never- used... and hid in the corner. Well. I saw a shadow of a LARGE spider (like... bigger than it should be) on the wall... and silently freaked out. I moved a little to see if the shadow moved with me (in case I was touching its web or something) and it didn't move. I used that opportunity to book it out of that room. I managed to catch a glimpse of the spider and it was... small. Like... 5 times smaller than the shadow. If you know me - I'm one for details. Especially symbolic details. I'm going through a small conflict and it dawned on me that I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. Thus the big shadow of a little spider.

:] Totally off topic, I know. Anyway, my point being here is that if I were to lucid dream, I wouldn't want to do it often. I do seek advice from my dreams a lot when I'm going through internal conflict like now... HOWEVER. When this conflict is over, I sooooo want to lucid dream and take over the world. <3 I can see it now~

M__i__ s__ t __ o__ f__ f__ o__l__ e__e__ s

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#42 Stormpike

Stormpike

Somewhere in between.

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1655 posts
  • IGN:what

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:32 AM

ok, this is great. i'm starting to remember dreams.

This night I dreamt about me working in some strange tower with Portals in it everywhere, which would lead to places. but ye, I couldn't go into one as I was working there like some kind of admin.
Then suddendly I hear somebody shout ''My GOD this *bleeping* Portal is broken again!''

so I run up, and well. I woke up...

#43 DekuScrub

DekuScrub

Brutal

• Respected Member
  • 1839 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:27 AM

I ALLWAYS remember my dreams, it's kinda sick. And they seem to be special to me.

#44 iBev

iBev

I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

• Official Member
  • 3217 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE(O RLY? @ Aug 30 2007, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes I gain control for what feels like a few minutes. I like to make myself fly in dreams. The sensation of floating is just... awesome. x]

I agree. I had a dream i could fly once. Not very well, but i could. It was just pure awsome.

KC and I are taking over the world.

I<3UTICH

You can stalk me and my art on my deviantArt, my Tumblr and my Twitter.
Also my MSN. Which is on my profile. Get it yourself.

#45 burnedemon

burnedemon

Zombie Lupin

• Official Member
  • 312 posts
  • IGN:quit

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:55 AM

i have trouble remembering my dreams unless its a nightmare,then I remember it, but I have to write it down.I never had lucidity but only for a little while and first I want to do in dreams is to remember my dreams first.

Last dream was cool, I remember a bit about it. I remember being in an anime world but the only thing I can remember is that I punched Ed (don't ask why since I can't remember why) I think he was in my dream since I was reading the manga.I guess I accomplished my life long goal which is to attack an anime character.So ummmmm.......YAAY FOR ME I guess.
WOW

Lucifire:Level 80 Warlock
Remius:Level 38 Priest

Maplestory (Bera)
Fallenray:level50 I/L mage
Soriamic: Level 14 Blaze Wizard

]

#46 Stormpike

Stormpike

Somewhere in between.

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1655 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

*small up bump*

Mastering this is haaaaard, so far i've failed couple of times, and i've remember my dream just once...

#47 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

This is blasphemy.

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 95 posts
  • IGN:MedicalRaine

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

I've had many lucid dreams before, all of the times I've realized I was dreaming.
I was always scared to move inside my dream because I would think it would affect my sleeping body and I would roll off the bed. =P

Made by a friend.

MedicalRaine - 20(2%) - Khaini

#48 DAVECHAPPELL2

DAVECHAPPELL2

This suit is black...NAT

• Official Member
  • 1043 posts
  • IGN:DuperNuby

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

I lucid dreamt before O.o

I was thinking about world of warcraft when i went to bed and when i woke up i was like

"UGH!!!" cause i didn't have WoW at the time...
My friends of Mapletip

Credits to:
Manoz for the font
Manoz for the idea
<3 you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm back :)

#49 NubBeginner

NubBeginner

Alegria

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 5118 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

I hate to bump this thread but it beats making a new one.

I am currently practicing Lucid dreaming and last night was my first successful lucid dream. It's been a week since I've started. Basically my dream/reality check is to bring my hands up to my face and actually look at them. Last night when I was dreaming, I brought up my hands to my face and realized I was in a dream. Since I couldn't think of anything cooler at the moment I jumped and began to fly around (in my dream of course). I did a few more hand checks just to continue to maintain control. I'm not sure exactly when I lost control or forgot that I was dreaming but I went back to having other dreams that night. When I awoke, I recalled the dreams I had afterwards but I didn't have control over them.

Tonight I'm going to try again. mush1n.gif

Happiness is finding satisfaction in what you have and where you are.

#50 Stormpike

Stormpike

Somewhere in between.

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1655 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(NubBeginner @ Dec 11 2007, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to bump this thread but it beats making a new one.

I am currently practicing Lucid dreaming and last night was my first successful lucid dream. It's been a week since I've started. Basically my dream/reality check is to bring my hands up to my face and actually look at them. Last night when I was dreaming, I brought up my hands to my face and realized I was in a dream. Since I couldn't think of anything cooler at the moment I jumped and began to fly around (in my dream of course). I did a few more hand checks just to continue to maintain control. I'm not sure exactly when I lost control or forgot that I was dreaming but I went back to having other dreams that night. When I awoke, I recalled the dreams I had afterwards but I didn't have control over them.

Tonight I'm going to try again. mush1n.gif

lucky you, now teach me madmush42vx.gif

#51 NubBeginner

NubBeginner

Alegria

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 5118 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:15 AM

Well, just read up on lucid dreaming to have an idea of what it is that you should prepare for on the first page. The links provided by Quaboo are pretty good background information.

Next, I have dream/reality checks which I do to figure out of I'm dreaming or not. Basically my way is to look and check out my hands.

I'm not sure what else to tell you ;x I just started to practice. Yesterday worked, last night I couldn't lucid dream. I'll try again tonight. :3

Happiness is finding satisfaction in what you have and where you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users