70 replies to this topic

#1 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts
  • IGN:Dead.

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

I really don't think its a mistake but guys I really don't think Nexon wanted to do this but you gotta look at the big picture here.

GMS has a large portion of users that are from Europe. This is hurting EMS big time from taking off and becoming a successful version. Plus GMS is getting profits that should be going to EMS. This probably made EMS unhappy thus they probably contacted them and told them they need to IP Ban Europeans. GMS has probably been reluctant for a while because they're losing players + money + they're getting a bunch of spam/hate messages.

Sadly this happens in games all the time, they are usually required to ban all IP's that don't belong/pertain to the version and they IP ban because they want you to play your version. So basically if GMS keeps letting a large chunk of Europeans on their server EMS is going to fail and not be a successful version of MS.

And yes I know it sucks but its all about business so theres not much anyone can do. You can't sue or anything like everyone's thinking, you agreed to a TOS and decided to buy NX. And it specifically states they can block/ban you for any reason.

Finally there is a small chance this could be a mistake on GMS' part but I highly doubt it sadly.

This error is the result of an IP block. Nexon has licensed out MapleStory to licensees in South Korea, China, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Europe. MapleGlobal was created for countries/regions that do not have their own version of MapleStory. Because we must protect our licensees’ interests, we must block users from those licensed regions from playing on MapleGlobal. If you are trying to play our game from the countries/regions mentioned above, you will not be able to play Global MapleStory.

Edited by Yuki, 22 August 2007 - 12:36 PM.

I'm gone. Stephen decided to be a love and delete my topic with my goodbyes so sorry everyone but goodbye.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 StarShine

StarShine

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2502 posts
  • IGN:SchoolBoyB

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

This still isn't a good enough reason to IP ban a huge chunk of gMS without ANY warning AT ALL.
Back for break and maybe beyond!

IGN: SchoolBoyB
Server: Zenith
Class: DualBlade?

#3 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(StarShine @ Aug 22 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This still isn't a good enough reason to IP ban a huge chunk of gMS without ANY warning AT ALL.

I do agree they should've given advance warning but its GMS. And it may not be a good reason but this is how the gaming industry works. They want you to play/spend where your supposed to.

Edited by Yuki, 22 August 2007 - 11:52 AM.

I'm gone. Stephen decided to be a love and delete my topic with my goodbyes so sorry everyone but goodbye.

#4 Eddikins

Eddikins

iBrownies

• Official Member
  • 865 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

i HOPE its a mistake. but i see your points and im downloading eMS as we speak.

i know if its real i will never see my friends on gMS again, but its a risk to take. and im not afraid to move.

Posted Image

Subliminal Message 4 u

#5 IdidyourHoola

IdidyourHoola

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • IGN:Maramunic

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

I won't let Nexon treat me like some random game addict. I'll be damned before the day I download eMS.

Besides Yuki, isn't both eMS and gMS runned/owned/managed/distributed (whatever..) by NEXON? So whether european people spend their money buying NX on an eMS server, or on an gMS server, the money goes to NEXON anyhow? - So how can it be about the money? It's not like eMS and gMS are runned by two seperate firms.

eMS was a fail from the beginning, either way. (no offense eMS players).

[7x] | ~΄¨),.•΄,.•*΄¨),.•*¨) | [3rd]
(,.•΄(,.••
Maramunic (¨*•., ~ Ranger/Bera••.,)'•.,)

#6 StarShine

StarShine

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2502 posts
  • IGN:SchoolBoyB

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(IdidyourHoola @ Aug 22 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't let Nexon treat me like some random game addict. I'll be damned before the day I download eMS.

Besides Yuki, isn't both eMS and gMS runned/owned/managed/distributed (whatever..) by NEXON? So whether european people spend their money buying NX on an eMS server, or on an gMS server, the money goes to NEXON anyhow? - So how can it be about the money? It's not like eMS and gMS are runned by two seperate firms.

Actually the global version is run by USNEXON (hint hint) and the European version is run by the home company in Korea.
Back for break and maybe beyond!

IGN: SchoolBoyB
Server: Zenith
Class: DualBlade?

#7 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(IdidyourHoola @ Aug 22 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think NexonEurope=NexonAmerica. Yes they're branches of Nexon but they money made from Cash Shop goes into running/maintaining the game and paying the staff. And I agree that EMS would fail either way but EMS probably thought by doing this it would help and global has no choice because Europeans have their own version.

#8 Emiilicious

Emiilicious

cupcakes :3

• Official Member
  • 759 posts
  • IGN:Meikio

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

They should realize that many, MANY people are quitting in regards of this IP ban. I don't think Europeans have the motivation to restart all over again. To (in some cases) lose all of their friends, mesos, levels, efforts, and everything.

Do you think they'd want to move to EMS without anything in hand, and without any friends (may not apply to some people)? It's even worse that they never gave a warning of sort.

Some people lost all contact, and didn't even get the chance to say goodbye, or give one another MSN email addresses. And if this isn't going to get fixed, I know some American/Non-European users that are going to quit, and I'm serious.

I know what you posted is true, but this really was a bad decision. Who the hell even cares about license crap anyway. I know most of us don't.

And what happened to Nexon saying they won't ban previous GMS users from Europe, and only blocking new accounts?

Nexon doesn't respect its users, and all the efforts put in the game. But I guess that's old now that we all know how much Nexon is hungry for cash, legal business and crap.

A European version wasn't necessary in the first place.
We already have a Global version. Soon there will be 398498234 versions and Global will turn to American MS. What happened to a diversity of players from various countries? The community will get worse, I tell you.

GG, Nexon, GG.
PS. I really had the urge to swear in this post, but I guess that isn't possible.

PS2. Don't quote me, I'm going to keep on editing this post anyway.

Edited by Emiilicious, 22 August 2007 - 12:09 PM.

Meikio - Lvl 5x Cleric - Broa
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, Banana phone!
I got my account back :3

#9 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Emiilicious @ Aug 22 2007, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should realize that many, MANY people are quitting in regards of this IP ban. I don't think Europeans have the motivation to restart all over again. To (in some cases) lose all of their friends, mesos, levels, efforts, and everything.

Do you think they'd want to move to EMS without anything in hand, and without any friends (may not apply to some people)? It's even worse that they never gave a warning of sort.

Some people lost all contact, and didn't even get the chance to say goodbye, or give one another MSN email addresses. And if this isn't going to get fixed, I know some American/Non-European users that are going to quit, and I'm serious.

I know what you posted is true, but this really was a bad decision. Who the hell even cares about license crap anyway. I know most of us don't.

And what happened to Nexon saying they won't ban previous GMS users from Europe, and only blocking new accounts?

A European version wasn't necessary in the first place.
We already have a Global version. Soon there will be 398498234 versions and Global will turn to American MS. What happened to a diversity of players from various countries? The community will get worse, I tell you.

GG, Nexon, GG.
PS. I really had the urge to swear in this post, but I guess that isn't possible.

Yeah well some people will still start on EMS if they can't play GMS and yes some will quit but if Nexon was told by EMS to IP ban Europeans they have no choice but to do it.

And yes I know kids don't care about licensing and all that but I think its helping some people realize this isn't just some evil thing Nexon wanted to do.

I also agree it wasn't necessary for EMS but its hard because EMS has all the European languages so that players can comfortably play in their language, however most don't care and don't mind english.

Diversity is nice I agree, but according to the gaming world its not.

#10 Shinryuji

Shinryuji

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:Shrnyuji

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

they should of refunded the european players who bought nx or atleast figure out away to move their accounts to ems

banning your own customers simply cuz they're in a dif region seems wrong

#11 Re-y-tard!

Re-y-tard!

The Attitude Era

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3308 posts
  • IGN:Depends on Server

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

I understand the refunds, but what's the point of moving your character when your american/canadian/rest friends would still be on gMS? MapleStory is nada without friends.

I am a Paladin, short and stout~
This is my hammer and this is my mount~
When I'm in trouble, I scream and shout~
Put on "Devine Shield" and Hearthstone out!

I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original projectory and adheres to you.

#12 Pedobear

Pedobear

Banned

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2020 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

What pisses me off is that they said: 'EUROPEAN PEOPLE WILL BE BLOCKED FROM MAKING NEW ACCOUNTS, THE PEOPLE THAT DO HAVE ONE CAN STAY'.

THAT IS WHY I STARTED BUYING NX CASH.

They used us just for the money and ditched us. I'm sick of this.
I am definately not moving to eMS, never.
Feel free to add, I need crazy people! xd

Red: Yes, Jep, it's very good that you get sexual pleasures from your damage rate on a game on the computer screen but I am a girl and I do not need to know this information

#13 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(WRRYYYYYYYYY @ Aug 22 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What pisses me off is that they said: 'EUROPEAN PEOPLE WILL BE BLOCKED FROM MAKING NEW ACCOUNTS, THE PEOPLE THAT DO HAVE ONE CAN STAY'.

THAT IS WHY I STARTED BUYING NX CASH.

They used us just for the money and ditched us. I'm sick of this.
I am definately not moving to eMS, never.

Yeah I know. Its pretty bad they said that and then did it but its all licensing and business related stuff that caused it.

#14 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

This topic seems familiar. -cough-

Anyways. It just seems to sudden to me. No notice, no warning, no news on whether or not you can transfer your account and NX cash...It seems very unprofessional of Nexon. (no shock).

What happens if your guild leader was from Europe? Do those guilds just die? There's just so many questions.
Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#15 Pedobear

Pedobear

Banned

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2020 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

I dont care for the account, I'm not moving to eMS or ever playing any type of MapleStory again, but the fact that they just didn't give a warning ..
I bought NX 2 weeks before this. >_> Just money down the drain.

Feel free to add, I need crazy people! xd

Red: Yes, Jep, it's very good that you get sexual pleasures from your damage rate on a game on the computer screen but I am a girl and I do not need to know this information

#16 IdidyourHoola

IdidyourHoola

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • IGN:Maramunic

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

I hadn't actually thought of that, PoserMobile. What's going to happen to all those guilds with european leaders? o.o .. I'm stunned of how NEXON just appears to know less and less about their own game.

I feel sorry for you WRYY. And I know the feeling, I was actually just about to buy a whole new NX outfit, PLUS 2x EXP and some gacha tickets, a store and probably some other random NX items. - Luckily I'm not getting my pay untill next week, if it wasn't for that, I'd be screwed.

Even if NEXON decides to lift the IP Ban, I for one would be VERY cautious about ever buying NX cash again.

[7x] | ~΄¨),.•΄,.•*΄¨),.•*¨) | [3rd]
(,.•΄(,.••
Maramunic (¨*•., ~ Ranger/Bera••.,)'•.,)

#17 nackjeh

nackjeh

I do declare.

• Official Member
  • 587 posts
  • IGN:Vither < Maple Destiny >

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(Yuki @ Aug 22 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are trying to play our game from the countries/regions mentioned above, you will not be able to play Global MapleStory.

This is just.... GLOBAL maplestory, do they know what global stands for?
And as Jep said, people from Eu has just burned there money, this sucks...

Edited by nackjeh, 22 August 2007 - 12:56 PM.

Thunder, Rain And Lightning
Danger, Water Rising
Clamour, Sirens Wailing
It's Such A Bad Sign

Shadows Of Dark Creatures
Steel Clouds Floating In The Air
People Run For Shelter
What's Gonna Happen To Us?

#18 Re-y-tard!

Re-y-tard!

The Attitude Era

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3308 posts
  • IGN:Depends on Server

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(nackjeh @ Aug 22 2007, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Yuki @ Aug 22 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are trying to play our game from the countries/regions mentioned above, you will not be able to play Global MapleStory.

This is just.... GLOBAL maplestory, do they know what global stands for?

In Nexon term it stands for any version that has no version of their own. Since eMS exist we apparently belong there.

I am a Paladin, short and stout~
This is my hammer and this is my mount~
When I'm in trouble, I scream and shout~
Put on "Devine Shield" and Hearthstone out!

I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original projectory and adheres to you.

#19 nackjeh

nackjeh

I do declare.

• Official Member
  • 587 posts
  • IGN:Vither < Maple Destiny >

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(The Rey @ Aug 22 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Nexon term it stands for any version that has no version of their own. Since eMS exist we apparently belong there.

What happened with the players from like Israel and countrys that dosent have "thier own version"?
But still the should like change the name to "North America Maplestory" (sarcasm)

Edited by nackjeh, 22 August 2007 - 01:02 PM.

Thunder, Rain And Lightning
Danger, Water Rising
Clamour, Sirens Wailing
It's Such A Bad Sign

Shadows Of Dark Creatures
Steel Clouds Floating In The Air
People Run For Shelter
What's Gonna Happen To Us?

#20 Rini

Rini

Iron Hog

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 472 posts
  • IGN:Rinichan

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

The people in israel and Australia should still be able to play GMS. At least that's what they imply.

[ Married to Shadocub ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users