Photo

"Other" Requirements for Playing MapleStory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: [ About this guide... ] (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Did this help a bit?

1. Yeah, it did actually. Thanks. ^__^ (16 votes [76.19%])

Percentage of vote: 76.19%

2. Hm. I'm in the middle... o_o (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. No! I will have your HEAD for wasting my time! >_<; (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Vote

#1 Shadocub

Shadocub

Just a Ghost

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1951 posts
  • IGN:Shadocub (Minecraft)

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

[ NOTE ] Firstly, I wanna say that this isn't the official requirements, meaning that Nexon didn't suggest it nor is it crucial to do these steps in order to play the game.

This is for those who are knowledgable about the game and would like to know how some of the players (including myself) get an edge on the game's properties.

Personal Suggested Requirements (Items)
================================
- Clock
This is actually good to have around near your PC. If you live outside of the game's time zone, this is a must; set the clock to the specific game's time zone tp the last minute/second. That way, you can exactly plan out your destination with time to spare, especially when it comes to train/ship ride departures and other special time-oriented events.
(Having a digital watch can be used in lieu of the suggested item.)

- Stopwatch/Timer
This is CRUCIAL when it comes to MapleStory! I cannot stress that enough! If you want to get the jump on monsters that appear at a certain time, a stopwatch is needed. Set that close by and hit the trigger once the moster dies or a timed event ends and wait til it's time to check back.
(Having a digital watch can be used in lieu of the suggested item.)

- Post-It Notes/Notebook
This can be rather helpful at time when it comes to information-getting unless you have the ablility to remember everything. Sticky pads are good to have around for situations like remembering what time the ship arrives and leaves, how much can you save on a certain potions/foods depending on where you are currently. They are also great, when added with a timer, to remember certain tasks that you needed to do within the game or at home.
A seperate notebook is really nice when you're trying to compare prices within the Free Market or even making your own comparison/estimate on the price you, personally, want to sell a certain good. Past records can also help if you want to know what selled more/less and if there need to some improvements in your own pricing on those certain goods. Notebooks and sticky notes can also serve other purposes as far as interaction. KSer, scammers, defamers, and others that you failed to SS at that time, you can still have their name written down for later vengence (especially when it comes to KSers and defamers.) A section for an S-List isn't required, but it can really ease your frustration once you have the name down for later reporting/retaliation.
(Conventional means of screen shots can also be used as well in leiu of note-taking. The BlackList function can also be used when it comes to unsavory characters for later vengence.)

- Pillow
Best to place where you sit at... You can thank me later. mush1k.gif

Personal Suggested Requirements (Online)
================================
- Web Browser(s)
Before starting the game, make sure you have a window or two ready before double-clicking the MapleStory game. This is not also time-saving but also a stress-reliever when it comes bumbling for a way to switch out of the game when the ALT+TAB command doesn't seem to work and retreiving information for a monster/item. Even if you don't have a specific interest yet, at least have 1 window opened to an informationa website (like Mapletip.com) so you can switch to it in a flash.
- Cash Shop
If you didn't know by now, this is not only a way to lose your allowence, but it can double as a sanctuary of sorts. You are safe from death and also prevents the common threat of annoyances. Abuse it whenever you need to chill out for a short period of time.

Hope that helps. If there is something that can is suggested/tweaked, feel free to add. Comments are welcomed too... mush1n.gif

--JK

If you're reading this... RUN!

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 xSin

xSin

Lycanthrope

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:xSin

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

Common sense and maturity.

#3 Chronicle

Chronicle

:: Windian ::

• Official Member
  • 2717 posts
  • IGN:Chronicle

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

These seem to be all real good ideas to have with you while playing. I definetly approve the idea of having the notebook, to keep records of things.

Posted Image
- Windia - Chronicle - 12x -

#4 YuppittTales

YuppittTales

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • IGN:School > MapleStory

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Woah, nice suggestions mush1a.gif I definetly agree with the pillow thing(I always have one under my butt on the computer chair mush1k.gif) and I like the idea of a notebook to write down the monster, and information about the monster like drops, hp/mp, experience given, amount of hits needed to kill it, and stuff like that. Don't forget an MP3 Player because no music/maple music gets repetitive. Though, I have Youtube up and listen to music videos with it mush1a.gif

Edited by YuppittTales, 05 August 2007 - 09:55 PM.

Insecure Membered

+You'll be lost, but never forgotten+

Restarting on 1/1/08. Welcome in the new year.

#5 Preech

Preech

Tauromacis

• Official Member
  • 922 posts
  • IGN:Preech

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

i use little pieces of paper for writing down quest items and stuff i'm buying...nice guide...too bad the clock near my computer sucks
Priest since February 2nd, 2008
Former Jr. Master of MTD Windia
Quit Maple Story: March 4th, 2008
Currently playing: Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Plants vs Zombies, Killing Floor
Greatest Game I've Played: Planescape: Torment

Currently running: Windows 7 Professional and Ubuntu 9.10

#6 xSin

xSin

Lycanthrope

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:xSin

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Oh, and you also need to know the basics of English.

#7 MrMagicMan

MrMagicMan

Nependeath

• Official Member
  • 410 posts
  • IGN:ChicknCereal

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

Really nice guide... I've always used the notebook idea though. mush1o.gif

#8 Renji

Renji

BANNED! WUT

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • IGN:1990s

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:43 PM

Nice suggestions, I never thought of setting a clock to MS's time mush1k.gif

#9 Bws2cool

Bws2cool

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • IGN:LuklessBlake

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

Sorry for bumping but this is a nice guide mush1a.gif
I never thought of using a notebook. The clock thing is a good idea too

Edited by Bws2cool, 02 October 2007 - 10:24 AM.

Posted Image

#10 kokujin

kokujin

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:DefReaver

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:23 AM

hmm, just a personal preference but an expansive techno music library at your hands...
also the patience to deal with immature players mush1q.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users