#1 Umutist

Umutist

MapleTip's musician guy~~

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Umutist

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:09 AM

Welcome!

This is my first guide,so i hope you enjoy it!

Luckless Magicians' Handbook For Levels 1-30

Contents:

1-Why Luckless?
2-When Luckless?
3-Beginning,Maple Island!
4-First Job advancement,A lesson on builds.
5-Time to train!
6-Second job advancement:How?
7-Choosing your second job.
8-Equipments for Luckless.

Legend:
Green=Avaible
Orange=In the making
Red=Unavaible

If you're ready,let's begin.

Chapter 1---Why Luckless?

If you have played Maplestory before,you may have noticed that INT is magician's main stat and it boosts up the attack of your Magic,accuracy of your Magic,and your Max MP. But you mah have also noticed that you have to add points to LUK to wear equipments. That means if you're lvl 50 Magician,you could have around 46 more INT.

Before Maple Weapons were relased,people never thought adding ALL the points to INT,because the only weapon they use would be Wooden Wands and Umbrellas! Even if said never,there were some people who add points to only INT,but in the long run,they couldn't beat the normal ones. After Maple Weapons were out,Luckless magicians number increased,because the Maple Staff and Maple Lama Staff required just Levels,not LUK. Thus,the nation of Luckless was born(?).

Really.

Chapter 2---When Luckless?

Beginning a Luckless requires:

-Money for HP pots(Optional)
-Money for MP pots(Optional)
-Money for Equipments(Ehh,not that optional but that's up to you. mush1o.gif ) cash.gif
-Maple Staff,Maple Lama Staff(Maybe not both,but you MUST have one.)
-Scrolls(If you have not scrolled your staffs.)

As a result,you need another character to fund. Cleric,maybe.Also,you need to be experienced in the game.

Chapter 3---Beginning,Maple Island!

Alright,choose a server,create a new character,pick name and stuff. As for the stats,it you can bear it,try rolling the dice until you get something about:

4 STR
4 DEX
13 INT
4 LUK

When you get these good stats,finish creating your character and begin your legacy.
When you level,spend your 5 AP to INT ALWAYS.

Training will be explained later but you have to be:

-Level 8
-Level 7(p Exp)

to go to Southperry and take the ship that goes to Victoria Island.

If you have gotten there when you're level 7 with p Exp,you should see Olaf the Viking-Looking-Guy before you head for Ellinia.

After you finish his quiz,you must choose the path of Magician since you're going to be a Luckless Magician,not Warrior.

Anyway,make your way to Ellinia,staying in level 8-or-7,and find Grendel The Really Old there.

Talk to him and finish your quest.Now you should be at least Level 8.

BONUS!---Beginning,Orbis!

Here's another option.

If you have a lot of money or another character which is powerful,you can do the exchange quest located in Orbis. Here is a text from Hidden Street:

Exchange Quest (Orbis)- This quest is only available by talking to Staff Sergeant Charlie in Orbis. You will gain 500 experience points for every 100 of the same item you exchanged, and you can redo this quest as many times as you like. The reward for each set of item given might be different each time.

Most people using this technique to Level to 8 or 10 from Level 1 buys Solid Horns,because all items gave the same amount of experince,and Solid Horns are cheaper. You can find Solid Horns at the Free Market or in Orbis,Channel 1.

Anyway do the Quest over or over again,return to Victoria Island and be sure you're Level 8.

Chapter 4---First Job advancement,A lesson on builds.

To sum up,you're in Grendel the Really Old's house,and level 8. You have spent all your AP to INT too.

Now just talk to him.

He'll ask you if you want to be a Magician,say yes,(Right?)and become one! Don't get too excited though,because you wont get those flashy skills for a lot of time. I'll tell you where to put your SP now.

There are 2 Alternative Builds. One can be done better when funded and other one is better for Nan-Funded.

First Build:Funded Build.

When you get your advancement,you'll get 1 SP. Put that on Magic Bolt since you need to have one attack,you're weak,face it. Then Get MP Recovery Up to 5 To Unlock Max MP Incrase.Max that afterwards. Then,begin Maxing Magic Claw. At the end,you should turn out to be powerful. Start Maxing Magic Guard and finally,max MP Recovery.

This Build Allows faster training,but costs you a lot of money.

Second Build:Non-Funded Build.

When you get your advancement,you'll get 1 SP. Put that on Magic Bolt since you need to have one attack,you're weak,face it. Then Get MP Recovery Up to 5 To Unlock Max MP Incrase.Max that afterwards. After that,max MP Increase and THEN begin putting points into Magic Claw. Lastly,max Magic Guard.

This Buils gives you a lot of slower training,but saves you a lot of money,too.

Also,you can try out diffrent builds,however,these build are proven to be most effective.

5-Time to train!

Training,the most important part of the game(right? wacko2.gif ). Anyway,at the long run,Magician's are the fastest class that levels to 30,and with the Luckless boost,it will be very easy for you. One downside is,training between levels 1-15 are hard,very hard if you use the No-Funded build. I don't know the best training places,but i can help you anyway mush1z.gif.

Levels 1-10:
Sice you just add to INT,and only use melee attacks through levels 1 to 8,you will be extremely weak,the weakest,actually.

Monsters:

Green and Blue Snails are the only things you can handle at these levels. Although,you could have to kill more powerful monsters for quests and such, but dont take them for training,since that will result as death. It's annoying even if you don't lose EXP.

Quests:

Take the training camp.It grants you one free level. You can do all the quests here,but i advice you to stay away from Mai's second quest and Bigg's quest. You can still do them,however.

() ()

*There can be other quests.

Levels 10-20:

This is where things begin to be interesting. The first 5,(or 10 if you're going Un-Funded,)levels are going to be extremely hard since you have only Magic Bolt attack. If you go Funded, you can start to train at Green and Horny mushrooms at level 15,which will boost up your training a lot. You can experiment your magic claw and see what you can do with it mush1z.gif

Monsters:

Since you have Magic Bolt,now you can handle BIG RED SNAILS! The best way for training before you start Magic Clawing is sniping from platforms in HHG1(Hensys Hunting Ground 1). You can try slimes later if you go Un-Funded,or Pig Beach and later Horny and Green Mushrooms if you start using Magic Claw.

Quests:

When you're level 10,you will see there are 4 quests for 4 corners of Victoria Island. Do them.
They will give you some pots which you'll need. Also it's good to do Maya's quest. It takes a lot of time but you get a nice hat. mush1n.gif You can still do the other quests,but these are the important ones.

Levels 20-30:
Here it is,the brick(Mushroom?) wall standing between you and your 2nd job. You're one of the magicians with the most power at this level.....

Anyway,you need a lot of potions,I mean a LOT. You'll be training at the dungeon at the mid-20's so have return scrolls....

Monsters:

No snails are match for you now. Train on Green and Horny mushrooms for a few levels. When you can 2-hit the Zombie Mushrooms,dungeon is going to be you new training area. Magician potions are the key for efficient training.

More Coming soon.

Edited by Umutist, 16 October 2007 - 03:55 AM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 BengaliDon

BengaliDon

Teh Don! =O

• Official Member
  • 346 posts
  • IGN:BengaliSin

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

omg u haven't omg finished this omg guide

BROA
BengaliMagic - Level 42 Ice/Lightning Wiz EXTREMELY ACTIVE!
BERA
BengaliSin- Level 37 Assassin ACTIVE YAY SINHOOD =D
MagicBengali- Level 33 Cleric DEAD

#3 Umutist

Umutist

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(BengaliDon @ Aug 14 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omg u haven't omg finished this omg guide

Guess what,i have other stuff to worry about.

I have added pictures BTW.

Edited by Umutist, 15 August 2007 - 01:01 PM.

#4 Liquid

Liquid

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

• Respected Member
  • 1508 posts
  • IGN:< This side of the Interwebs

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:29 PM

Its good i have only found one spelling error.

After Maple Weapons were out,Luckless magicians number incrased,because the Maple Staff and Maple Lama Staff required just Levels,not LUK.Thus,the nation of Luckless was born(?)

It should be Increased.

Grand Chase

Level 1X Lire - Kanoose

#5 Roxas

Roxas

Eliminate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • IGN:RoxasuXIII

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

Well, you have one big grammatical issue: you don't put spaces after commas or periods. Do that.

Otherwise, interesting. I won't make a LUKless though. >__>

Edited by Roxas, 15 August 2007 - 05:56 PM.

RoxasuXIII - 10x Hermit

[/center]

SaixVIl - 4x Page

[center]

#6 Umutist

Umutist

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

Alright.I tried to fix that.I'm not that good in english grammar because it's not my home language.

#7 Roxas

Roxas

Eliminate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • IGN:RoxasuXIII

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

Space after commas and periods isn't "English grammar", it applies for all writing, any language...
RoxasuXIII - 10x Hermit

[/center]

SaixVIl - 4x Page

[center]

#8 Umutist

Umutist

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(Liquid @ Aug 15 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its good i have only found one spelling error.

After Maple Weapons were out,Luckless magicians number incrased,because the Maple Staff and Maple Lama Staff required just Levels,not LUK.Thus,the nation of Luckless was born(?)

It should be Increased.

I meant that.

#9 iamflip

iamflip

Maple Road

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5365 posts
  • IGN:SageFIip / SageFlip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:50 PM

Looks good so far, though for the funded build... what if you're lving your character via the Orbis Exchange Quest?

#10 Umutist

Umutist

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:19 AM

Then you can spend your points freely,but you must end up the same,though.

I won't be able to work on this for a while,since i'm going on a surgery. T_T.

#11 wowthisisfun

wowthisisfun

One Hot White Knight

• Official Member
  • 914 posts
  • IGN:Wowthisisfun

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

Nice guide so far, I can not wait until it is finished.
Level 3X F/p mage. Greying.

#12 Umutist

Umutist

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

Just because you have said that,i have begun making the training guide. ^^

#13 seth1134

seth1134

Seth1134, King of the nerds.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • IGN:Too many to say

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

a good start but ntohing i personally didnt already know

#14 Juicy

Juicy

Yeti & Pepe

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1104 posts
  • IGN:SirPenguin

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:57 AM

Nice guide but like stated add something about the exchange quest option in there.

And I assume your going to add what I'm about to say, so I'll just wait for the update ;p.

csx8z.jpg

#15 Umutist

Umutist

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

Since I'm back,I'll begin working on this guide again.

Edit:I have added the Exchange Quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users