(3) The Gryphon
(4) Understanding the map
(5) Classes and there Benefits
(6)Tips
(7)Credits

===============================================================
(1) Introduction
===============================================================

Well at level 70-80 there are not very many different training locations for your level. The two main maps are Forest of Gollem and Forest of Dead Trees (I, II, III, IV) However when Nexon created New Leaf City a Brand new training area opened up for us. Many have trouble working this map. Though after understanding how it all works the exp is greater then FoG or FoDT.

=============================================================
(2) Pro's/Con's... Why to choice Mountain Cliffs
Mountain cliffs is the best choice for killing Gryphons. It is easy to loot and the best map to work bringing in the most EXP.

Pro's

-Gryphons are in mobs
-Drop Steelys
-Lower HP and W.ATK then Coolies or Gollems
-It is more fun then FoG or FoDT
-Right next to the best grocer in GMS
-Spawn super fast!
-Feels like your constantly killing gryphons.

Con's

-Gryphons are in mobs (Bad for hermits)
-So much fun that you forget to rebuff critical skills such as Power Guard or Magic Guard
-Do not drop an etc. Causing you to loose money
-You just loose money overall due to low drop rate and not rebuffing
-They fly

As you can see they are both equal in Pro's and Con's. But if I would weigh the Pro's and Con's The Pro's would weigh a lot more then the Con's would. To sum it up Mountain Cliffs is a great training spot.

(3) The Gryphon
A Gryphon is a flying creature resembling a Griffin. They fly and gain up in mobs very easy.

Gryphon's stats

Level: 50
Exp: 220
HP: 3,300
MP: 120
Speed: 0
knock back: 500

W.ATK: 190
W.DEF: 155
M.ATK:140 (They do not do any magic damage)
M.DEF: 170

Accuracy:175
Avoidibility: 21

(4) Understanding the Map

This is a picture showing how the teleporters work. Just in case you did not know the arrows point into the direction in which the teleporter leads to.

In Total there are 5 teleporters. And each teleporter will have about 5-10 gryphons around it. If its one thing I have noticed, Gryphons like to mob up near the teleporters. All you have to do it Use your mob attack and kill them all really.

Starting from the first teleporter(The place with the yellow dot starts the first one, after that fallow the arrows) tends to have the most Gryphons. Some times including the platform that is just left of it will have a total of 20 Gryphons at it. Whack away near the teleporter then to go to the left platform. After they all are dead activate the teleporter and go to the next one.

Now your at the second teleporter. Quickly before the Gryphons knock you off jump to the ledge on the right and kill all the Gryphons. You can stick there for a while because immediately after you kill them all like 3 more will spawn. Hop back on the teleporter and activate it.

Now you are at the third teleporter. Hop off to the right and kill the few that there are. To let you know there is sometimes a bunch of the Gryphons at the top center. As a warrior with 2-handed sword I am not able to hit them. I am not sure if archers or assassins could hit them either as they are really high up. If you can hit them go ahead I am not really sure about it. As for warriors and bandits and mages just leave them alone eventually they come down into hitting range. After you finishing mobbing what you can go back on the teleporter

Now you are at the fourth teleporter. There only tends to be 2-3 Gryphons that are not actively flying around. To increase the amount of EXP gained in an hour I find it best to skip this spot for a few cycle's until a mob builds up there. But for now skip it and go to teleporter number 5.

Now you are at the 5th teleporter. The platform here has the potential to hold a great spawn. Yet it mostly holds only 1-2 Gryphons. Sort of like the third teleporter only waste time with this platform if there is a group of them there. Jumping off and getting pushed around having the chance of falling will decrease the amount of EXP you take in every hour. Normally after 2 cycle s this place fills up. My advice is just to skip it unless there is a minimal of 4 Gryphons.

Now you are at the sixth teleporter. Caution this area tends to hold a good number of Gryphons for its size. With there 500 knock back it is very easy to get pushed off this ledge. It is worth jumping off for just make sure you do not get pushed off.

Now you are at the seventh teleporter. One of my favorites. First thing you do is not go to the left but to the right so that you fall down. There are 2 platforms connected to each other with a insane amount of Gryphons. Work your way all the way to the right. By the time you get to the right there spawn rate would become back to normal but do not let this slow you down I know it is tempting to go back to the left and continue killing but instead walk to the bridge and do not jump over it. You should fall though the platform and fall back to teleporter number one.

Rinse and repeat mush1o.gif You're exp should be faster then FoG and Coolies. Also many times more fun. Except I find this "Fun Factor" to be a problem in which I will explain later.

(Now I have to e at dinner Ill update it soon after I finish)

First off I would not recommended this area for anyone under the 3rd job advancement. unless you are extremely knowledgeable about fast paced maps and are able to fund a crazy amount of potions.

X-bowmen/Ranger - A good training map. Arrow rain and Eruption are good skills here. Also strafe will help kill the single monsters.

I/l Mage - As long as you have mob skills such as Lighting and Ice Strike exp should be pretty good here.

F/p Mage - Alright this is were the fun begins. If you are going Poison Myst first it is wise not to train here. The way you have to work this map will not be worth it just stay away from this map. However if you are getting explosion first you will be one of the best classes here. Explosion is a great skill here. Even though the casting rate is slow you should still own them due to the amount of power you have. A fire mage is one of the best in this map

Priest - Go to Coolies... your useless here.

Dragon Knight - You are about the best class here. I honestly can not say much. You will own so friggin hard its not even funny. You will get an insane amount of exp. With some hardcore grinding you will be one of the first people training in these maps to hit 80.

Figher/WK - I put both of you guys here together as you are equal here. Your main skill will be Slash Blast and thats about the only skill you will be using here exept for the occasional PS finishing up the lucky Gryphons that were not in SB range as you were destroying a mob.

Hermit - That priest is getting lonely go see if he wants to party you at coolies.

Bandit - SB just won't cut it here. The mobs are to great and the speed of SB does not make up for it not being a mob skill. However once you get a nice level of BoT training here will be good. If you are getting BoT first and have a good level in it, sure train here. If your not go to FoG ^^

As you can see Warriors and Fire mages are the best here. Rangers are great only if they have eruption. And BoT sort of sucks for a few levels, Do not train here until you get a higher level BoT.

(6) Tips

This is when that cursed fun level comes in. I trained here for many hours and came EXTREMELY close to dying many times. I have been left with 100hp many times. The reason is because I was to obsessed teleporting around getting massive exp that I totaly forgot to rebuff power guard. A warrior with out power guard is like a mage with out magic guard. Your just moving so fast and having fun doing it you can forget to drink hp potions. My only advice for this is to drill it in to your head "Ok Brad, do not forget to eat unagi when my HP is less then 1500, drink mana potions when I have to, AND DO NOT FORGET ABUT REBUFFING POWER GUARD AND SWORD BOOSTER!!!"

This map is best worked alone. Do not try to party with any one here or let other people stay in the same map. If some one is in your map just wait and see how they are doing. If they are failing (Obviosly they have not read my guide on MapleTip mush1q.gif ) let them be they won't get in you'r way. If they are in your way don't bother saying "Change Channels Please"(Waste of time, can get you killed, and makes you look rude) Just find a safe spot and change channels until you find a empty map.

Try not to fall in the pit at the bottom of the map only like 4 total Gryphons are down there and it will not make up for accidentally falling. If you do fall ignore them and get back on the cycle as fast as you can.

Even though there are only 1 place that you can fall down and have to walk all over again still be aware of it. However once you get over that spot it should stay out of your way.
(7) Credits

Uhh Nexon for making Maplestory (duhh)

Maple tip for having a place for me to put this guide and having a data base were I got the stats for the Gryphons.

For the fellow MapleTipers that corrected me on some parts.

Well thats all I hope you enjoyed my guide. Mountain Cliffs is a great training spot and I hope you got persuaded into using this map as a training ground. And also I hope you learned a thing or to from my guide. Have fun and HAPPY MOBBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wowthisisfun, 30 July 2007 - 08:29 AM.

Level 3X F/p mage. Greying.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Soaa-

Soaa-

Ed's body... it's mine...!

• MT Awards Creator
  • 5433 posts
  • IGN:UnluckysparX

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

You missed a bunch of teleporters in your diagram.
Behold, I will corrupt your seed,
and spread dung upon your faces

Malachi 2:3

Still love you, muh friends. <3

#3 X Megadragon

X Megadragon

Zombie Lupin

• Official Member
  • 327 posts
  • IGN:X Mechadragon

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

Wow, i could really use this guide once it's done. Thanks!

#4 Maestar

Maestar

Purple-Mounted

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3158 posts
  • IGN:LFiasco

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

Mostly what I do when I get into the map is I kill what I see, use a teleporter, kill the gryphons around it, and so on and so forth till I'm back at the beginning where I started and the process continues mush1n.gif

What is the Black Star? Is it the cat with the black shades, the black car? Is it shinin from very far, to where you are? It is commonplace and different. Intimate and distant. Fresher than an infant

#5 Hydralisk

Hydralisk

Gatekeeper

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3133 posts
  • IGN:Burrowed

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

What if you find a steely, but it drops into the pit that takes you back a few maps? mush1k.gif

#6 Soaa-

Soaa-

Ed's body... it's mine...!

• MT Awards Creator
  • 5433 posts
  • IGN:UnluckysparX

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

I would have preferred if they didn't drop Steelys. It'd take away the stress of finding one and struggling to loot it.
Behold, I will corrupt your seed,
and spread dung upon your faces

Malachi 2:3

Still love you, muh friends. <3

#7 wowthisisfun

wowthisisfun

One Hot White Knight

• Official Member
  • 914 posts
  • IGN:Wowthisisfun

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(Soaa @ Jul 29 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You missed a bunch of teleporters in your diagram.

Thanks for pointing that out. It was a bad quality SS so it was hard to see the diagram and I forgot about a few teleporters. Thats all fixed now though.

Oh now that my guide is done... Now what? Should I put it in the right category and ask for this thread to be deleted?

#8 Nayr Shadow

Nayr Shadow

Tauromacis

• Official Member
  • 915 posts
  • IGN:ShadowEragon

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

I'd like to make note that Arrow Eruption and Arrow Rain are the exact same move with different animations. They have the EXACT same range, no, one does not hit higher and one hit lower.

Also, Rangers and Crossbowmen both get them in their 8x's, typically. =\

Also, strafe is not useless if you have about 3 Puppet. Just aggro them with PKB, or level 1 AR/AE if you have it, cast a puppet on a platform a decent amount away and let rip.

Other than that, very useful guide, but maybe if you could help with ways NOT to fall down to the maps below? That's the only thing keeping me from training at that map.
...Just call me Ryan guys, I'm sick of being referred to as "Nayr Shadow"

Yeesh, screw that hiatus. I've pretty much quit Maple. Guild Wars is better in every way, if you buy it or play it tell me so I can add you : D. And if you want me to play MS gimmie a good reason <_<

#9 Sohos

Sohos

I feel shiny

• Official Member
  • 378 posts
  • IGN:Draziel

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

It's not just for 7x+, ive been trainign there on my wizard (About 5 hits with lightning, its still faster than retz), and assuming i don't get some annoying Kser who feels the entire map belongs to them (also, Rangers/Snipers are really annoying, they just Arrow Rain/Eruption everything), i can get 15-20% an hour.

Ice Strike works well too, its stronger than lightning, and you don't have to worry as much about the Gryphons knocking you off the platforms

There is actually room for more than one person, i was in a map with 4 people once, we all just took a quarter of the map, we gained more exp since we didnt have to move around a smuch

Edited by Sohos, 29 July 2007 - 09:30 PM.

Draziel - 8x I/L Mage - Bera
Procnei - 7x Hermit - Bera
Nyreid - 2x Magician - Bera

#10 Kleptophobia

Kleptophobia

Pudding Manufacturer

• Official Member
  • 377 posts
  • IGN:Kleptophobia

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

Alright my two cents, from my experience on my assassin. This map is ideal for ranged characters, especially rangers and snipers with eruption/rain. The gryphons mob either right on the portal, or right next to it, so sniping them is not hard. For assassins if the mob is on the portal, jump off to the side and snipe them - fast. I got 3.5% in 8 minutes here without my double exp card, so mathematically that would be: 26.25% a hour w/o double experience and 52.5% a hour with double experience at level 61. And the steelys are good for making profits...they drop much more often that red drake from what I hear.

#11 MariaColette

MariaColette

Bowmaster at heart.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5436 posts
  • IGN:MariettaRC (RIP MariaColette)

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(wowthisisfun @ Jul 29 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

X-bowmen - X-bowmen do not have much of an advantage here until they get eruption. But by the time they get eruption this map will not be such great exp for you guys. (Do not train here)

Ranger - Since critical shot works with rain of arrows you will own this map. Rain of arrows is a great mobbing skill you will only need a few points into this skill to rock out loud! Note that strafe is pretty useless here. If you really want to experience the best exp possible get at least 5 points or so into arrow rain. Just is it really worth the lower level strafe? (It is up to you)

I would like to say that I see no difference in a Ranger and Sniper training there. weirdface7ut.gif

I train at Gryphons now and they are excellent EXP for me. I have level 6 Strafe and level 1 Rain, both skills work great here. Strafe is a 1 hit KO for them like 90% of the time, Rain takes care of the mobs. Whether or not a Ranger/Sniper gets Rain/Eruption early or not doesn't seem to matter to me. All I know is that I highly disagree with the Strafe comment because since it mostly kills them in one hit, it's quicker EXP than you think.

This is coming from a Ranger's POV. mush1o.gif

Click the image to see my deviantART!
Artifact Hunt: 2nd place winner, March 7th, 2010.
Main character: MariettaRC - Level 157 Bowmaster.
Main secondary character: Paratroopea - Level 124 Corsair.
Main tertiary characters: DrMarioPhD - Level 140 Bishop / Sujinpuffy - Level 110 I/L Mage
... and a billion other alts...
Proud Co-Master of KoopaForce.

#12 SpionKop

SpionKop

Oh, such the poser.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 7790 posts
  • IGN:lmUnfunded (l=L)

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:19 AM

This is definitely not a 3rd-job-only map, I'm 5x and I gain great exp here.
My avatar is so old, it's voting for McCain. :[
But Karen still owns at art. <3

#13 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4401 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:22 AM

I/l Mage - I am not really so sure. I do not think lighting will be powerful enough to take on multiple monsters as they are not weak to lightning. And as most people get lighting spear before ice strike your pretty much useless here. (Do not train)

The large majority of people get Ice Strike before Thunder Spear. Some people don't get Thunder Spear at all. It's a good spot to train in if you can two or three hit them, I would say.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

#14 Spoinky

Spoinky

Pianus

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3856 posts
  • IGN:Scorwix

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:10 AM

Um... who gets TS before IS? 0_o.

And at lvl 75, my lightning does 900-1.2k on them.
I/L Mage Questions!

Trying to revive on MS

#15 Fayeaura

Fayeaura

Nependeath

• MD Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:50 AM

The gryphons were amazing experience for my level 52 hunter (really fast xD), and I did 2-hit ko's, but they devastated my hp potion stock. The gryphons have very stable damage, so it was pretty easy to keep track of the hp. My low-level power knockback didn't do any good, and I had to be really careful with mobbing-- it worked best for me when I focused on them one at a time. I'm sure for bowmen it's a lot easier, as far as the damage and mobbing, for a sniper or ranger who can 1-hit ko them, or have puppet or arrow eruption/rain. But at level 52 with 2-hit ko's, it was possible to train there at least. mush1k.gif No problems with damaging them, and it's a fun place. I might be going back there in a few levels.

#16 wowthisisfun

wowthisisfun

One Hot White Knight

• Official Member
  • 914 posts
  • IGN:Wowthisisfun

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

All fixed from what you guys said. (If you read the edited parts they seem kind of "rushed" and yes they were I am trying to get on Maplestory mush1o.gif )

Anyways I still believe that this is a 3rd job map. If you are a 2nd jobber and still wish to train there that is your choice.

#17 Spoinky

Spoinky

Pianus

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3856 posts
  • IGN:Scorwix

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

Well, the exp seems best in the early 8x's for I/L mages. I'm getting 15% an hour at lvl 75 while my friend gets 25% an hour at lvl 82.
I/L Mage Questions!

Trying to revive on MS

#18 NubBeginner

NubBeginner

Alegria

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 5118 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(wowthisisfun @ Jul 29 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hermit - That priest is getting lonely go see if he wants to party you at coolies.

rofl... T_T

Happiness is finding satisfaction in what you have and where you are.

#19 Pedobear

Pedobear

Banned

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2020 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(Lingy @ Jul 29 2007, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if you find a steely, but it drops into the pit that takes you back a few maps? mush1k.gif

Let a gryphon bump you into the pit, it won't kick you out of the map.
I fell into it that way a couple of times and I didn't get sent back.
Feel free to add, I need crazy people! xd

Red: Yes, Jep, it's very good that you get sexual pleasures from your damage rate on a game on the computer screen but I am a girl and I do not need to know this information

#20 Ladon

Ladon

Showing the brighter side

• Official Member
  • 493 posts
  • IGN:Ladon

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:58 AM

Or you will have to smuggle it out of the map. >_>; Unplug your router,jump down there, spam z, plug in and Ta-Da. Though I'm not exactly fond of smuggling, I think I would do it for steelies. >_>
LOL RAINBOWPHANT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users