12 replies to this topic

#1 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts
  • IGN:DotComDude

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

Note: I'm going to add bits every so often, until I'm done with it. I'm just posting it in the Works in Progress so you guys know what I'm doing with it, so I won't have to put in all the BBCode at once, and you can post if I've made any mistakes with my current work. When I'm done with it, I'll ask someone to move it to the Mage guides section. Here's what I've done so far.

----------------------------------------------

xDany's In-Depth i/l wizard/mage guide.

Note: This guide is for MalpeTip only. You may not reproduce this guide, unless it is for personnel/private use.

This guide does not cover the levels before 30. There are other guides for that on MapleTip. This guide does cover normal-luk 2nd, 3rd, and 4th jobs. I will explain all skills, give and explain many different builds, give training spots, and how to make money.

Section 1: The i/l wizard
~1.a- I/l Wizard basics
~1.b- I/l Wizard skills and explanations
~1.c- The builds and explanations
~1.c1- Lightning>medi>ice
~1.c2- Ice>medi>lightning
~1.c3- Lightning>ice>medi
~1.c4- Ice>lightning>medi
~1.c5- A conclusion to I/l Wizard builds.
~1.d- Training grounds (Where to train)
~1.d1 Ice
~1.d2 Lightning
~1.e- Hunting grounds (Where to hunt for money)
~1.f- Money-making
~1.g- The 3rd job advancement

Section 2: The I/l mage

Section 3: The I/l Arch Mage

Section 4: Damage formula's.
~4.a- Minimum and Maximum.
~4.b- Elements.
~4.c- Element Composition (2-element spell)
~4.d- Element Amplification

Section 5: Credits

Section 1: The I/l wizard.

~1.1a- I/l Wizard basics

Finally got to level 30, got brand new skills, and a sexy new job? Congratulations! However, this is just the beginning of your new job. Don't get too excited yet. I/l's have two advantage over clerics and f/p's, we can both freeze, and we have a mob attack that hits all monsters.

~1.1b- I/l Wizard skills and explanations

MP Eater- Soak up an enemy's MP after every magic attack. But if its MP reaches 0, no more. Passive.

If you have any points in this skill, and a monster you attack has mp, it will auto-matically activate with a certain percentage, and will soak up a percentage of the monster mp. It's an 11% success raet at level 1, and it absorbs 21% of the monsters mp. When maxed, it has a 20% success rate to absorb 40% of the monsters mp.

Meditation- Meditate for a bit to temporarily boost up the magic attack of party members around the area. Supportive.

This skill is a must-have, adding 20 magic to all party members when maxed. This can give you a hefty damage-boost.

Teleport- Use the arrow keys to teleport to other places in the same map on a set distance. The higher the skill level, the less MP you spend. Supportive.

This skill helps you get around faster, there are even some spots in the game that you can only reach with it. This speeds up traveling, training, this is what makes people jealous of mages. The higher the level, the lower the mp cost to cast it. You can also teleport while using an attack skill, this is known as a telecast. If you master the telecast, it speeds up training, and just looks cool. It can also be used to avoid monsters magical attacks, saving some pots.

Slow- Temporarily slows down the opponents around you. Can't use it on them twice at once, and affects only 6 enemies per attack. Supportive.

This skill is pretty much useless for and i/l. We can freeze monsters, which stops them in their tracks. Also, we mob to train. Slowing them will just make training slower.

Cold beam- Creates a sharp piece of ice to fire at an enemy. The ones that are struck temporarily freezes. Damages the fire-based enemies 1.5 times more, where as the ice-based enemies get only half the damage. Active.

Ah, cold beam. This skill is often called 'ice'. This is what lets us freeze monsters. It freezes monsters for one second until it's level 15, when it freezes them for two seconds. It's also a pretty strong attack, with 100 base attack when maxed.

Thunderbolt- Creates an electric force field around the wizard and makes an electric lightening attack on every monster that's within the area. Active.

Often called lightning, this has a base attack of 60, and attack's up to six monsters when maxed. This lets us level annoyingly fast, and it does 1.5x damage to monsters weak to lightning.

~1.c- The builds and explanations
There are many builds as an i/l, most max ice, lightning, meditation, teleport, and mp eater. As I've said before, slow is almost completely useless for i/l's, as we can freeze, and it slows down training if we are mobbing. The order in which you max them determines your training speed and how much money you make/save while training.

Your primary attack will be the one you max first, your secondary the one you max last.

~1.c1- Lightning>medi>ice

This build should be for the funded. Thunder first is very costly, and it's incredibly hard without being funded, but still do-able. Thunder first for the fastest training, then meditation to maximize damage. Your primary attack's damage will be very high before you get your secondary attack here.

30-1 Teleport
31-3 Lightning
32-3 Lightning
33-3 Lightning
34-3 Lightning
35-3 Lightning
36-3 Lightning
37-3 Lightning
38-3 Lightning
39-3 Lightning
40-3 Lightning (Maxed)
41-3 Mp Eater (To unlock Meditation)
42-3 Meditation
43-3 Meditation
44-3 Meditation
45-3 Meditation
46-3 Meditation
47-3 Meditation
48-2 Meditation (Maxed) 1 Ice
49-3 Ice
50-3 Ice
51-3 Ice
52-3 Ice
53-3 Ice
54-3 Ice
55-3 Ice
56-3 Ice
57-3 Ice
58-2 Ice (Maxed) 1 Teleport
59-3 Teleport
60-3 Teleport
61-3 Teleport
62-3 Teleport
63-3 Teleport
64-3 Teleport (Maxed)
65-3 Mp Eater
66-3 Mp Eater
67-3 Mp Eater
68-3 Mp Eater
69-3 Mp Eater
70-2 Mp Eater (Maxed), 1 Slow

You end up with-
Max Lightning
Max Meditation
Max Ice
Max Teleport
Max MP Eater
1 Slow

The only reason you get one slow is because there's really nothing else to put it in. You could put it in a first job skill, it's up to you. Also, you can max Mp Eater before telport, but I recommend Teleport first, as you can Teleport farther, and I think it will save more mp than Mp Eater.

~1.c2- Ice>medi>lightning

This is for the unfunded. Ice is stronger then lightning 1v1, so you can train on monsters that drop more mesos. Also, it freezes and costs less mp, which means less pots. Again, your primary attack's damage will be very high before you get your secondary attack.

30-1 Teleport
31-3 Ice
32-3 Ice
33-3 Ice
34-3 Ice
35-3 Ice
36-3 Ice
37-3 Ice
38-3 Ice
39-3 Ice
40-3 Ice (Maxed)
41-3 Mp Eater
42-3 Meditation
43-3 Meditation
44-3 Meditation
45-3 Meditation
46-3 Meditation
47-3 Meditation
48-2 Meditation (Maxed) ,1 Lightning
49-3 Lightning
50-3 Lightning
51-3 Lightning
52-3 Lightning
53-3 Lightning
54-3 Lightning
55-3 Lightning
56-3 Lightning
57-3 Lightning
58-2 Lightning (Maxed), 1 Teleport
59-3 Teleport
60-3 Teleport
61-3 Teleport
62-3 Teleport
63-3 Teleport
64-3 Teleport (Maxed)
65-3 Mp Eater
66-3 Mp Eater
67-3 Mp Eater
68-3 Mp Eater
69-3 Mp Eater

You end up with-
Max Lightning
Max Meditation
Max Ice
Max Teleport
Max MP Eater
1 Slow

Again, you can max Mp Eater first if you want to, but I recommend Teleport. And, same thing with slow as before.

~1.c3- Lightning>ice>medi

This build maxes your secondary attack right after your primary attack. Meditation is maxed after, so you might be a bit weaker than other mages until you do. It's recommended to be funded with this build, and if your not, you'll start making money a bit sooner than with the other lightning first build.

30-1 Teleport
31-3 Lightning
32-3 Lightning
33-3 Lightning
34-3 Lightning
35-3 Lightning
36-3 Lightning
37-3 Lightning
38-3 Lightning
39-3 Lightning
40-3 Lightning (Maxed)
41-3 Ice
42-3 Ice
43-3 Ice
44-3 Ice
45-3 Ice
46-3 Ice
47-3 Ice
48-3 Ice
49-3 Ice
50-3 Ice (Maxed)
51-3 Mp Eater (To unlock Meditation)
52-3 Meditation
53-3 Meditation
54-3 Meditation
55-3 Meditation
56-3 Meditation
57-3 Meditation
58-2 Meditation (Maxed), 1 Teleport
59-3 Teleport
60-3 Teleport
61-3 Teleport
62-3 Teleport
63-3 Teleport
64-3 Teleport (Maxed)
65-3 Mp Eater
66-3 Mp Eater
67-3 Mp Eater
68-3 Mp Eater
69-3 Mp Eater

So you end up with-
Max Lightning
Max Meditation
Max Ice
Max Teleport
Max MP Eater
1 Slow

Some thing with both Teleport/Mp Eater and slow here.

~1.c4- Ice>lightning>medi

This build is the same as before, but it simply maxes Ice first. Really, lightning shouldn't be too costly on pots when it starts to be a decent level, so in my opinion, this is the best unfunded build.

30-1 Teleport
31-3 Ice
32-3 Ice
33-3 Ice
34-3 Ice
35-3 Ice
36-3 Ice
37-3 Ice
38-3 Ice
39-3 Ice
40-3 Ice (Maxed)
41-3 Lightning
42-3 Lightning
43-3 Lightning
44-3 Lightning
45-3 Lightning
46-3 Lightning
47-3 Lightning
48-3 Lightning
49-3 Lightning
50-3 Lightning (Maxed)
51-3 Mp Eater (To unlock meditation)
52-3 Meditation
53-3 Meditation
54-3 Meditation
55-3 Meditation
56-3 Meditation
57-3 Meditation
58-2 Meditation (Maxed), 1 Teleport
59-3 Teleport
60-3 Teleport
61-3 Teleport
62-3 Teleport
63-3 Teleport
64-3 Teleport (Maxed)
65-3 Mp Eater
66-3 Mp Eater
67-3 Mp Eater
68-3 Mp Eater
69-3 Mp Eater

So you end up with-
Max Lightning
Max Meditation
Max Ice
Max Teleport
Max MP Eater
1 Slow

Same thing with Teleport/Mp Eater and Slow.

~1.c5- A conclusion to I/l Wizard builds.

Note that all builds are going to give you Max Lightning, Max Meditation, Max Ice, Max Teleport, Max MP Eater,and 1 Slow. You can mix and match here, I've heard some people have maxed Teleport before their secondary skill.

~1.d- Training grounds (Where to train)

Here I'm going to tell you where and why to train at certain places with elements. Once you have both elements maxed, you can go to either place.

~1.d1 Ice

Levels 30~35
Wild boars- Here you will just use magic claw for the boars, as ice is not strong enough yet.

Ant tunnel- Just magic claw the horny and zombie mushrooms. Be patient, these levels can get a bit boring.

Levels 36~40
Fire boars- Now you can start training with ice. These drop alot of mesos, which is why ice-first are easier to go un-funded.

Levels 41~50
Jr. Cellions, Jr Lioners, Sakura Cellions- Here you can choose between the three. If you want faster expierience, go for either of the Jr's, but if you still need more money, Sakura Cellions. Sakura Cellions are just the Jr's on money drugs, they can drop 300+ mesos each. But if you go there, it's pretty hard to find a spot.

Levels 51~60
Cellions/Lioners- Ah, now time for the big stuff. Basically bigger versions of the Jr's.

Red drakes- You can start on red drakes here, they have alot of good drops. You can go to these until around 70, but it will be slow training.

Levels 61~70
At these levels, training will start to be getting really slow. Your probably want to be training with lightning here, so I really don't know where Ice will come in handy. You can oPQ, but the boss is strong to all magic.

~1.d2 Lightning

Levels 30~35
There's really not much you can train on with lightning here, it's pretty weak. You can try crows in jipang around 33-34, but I wouldn't recommend it, it was pretty slow for me. Just go to Ant Tunnel and kill zombie/horny mushrooms.

Levels 36~40
Now, you can start training at retz in helios tower. These are really good training, even if you only hit a few hundred damage with lightning.

Levels 41~50
Here, your lightning should be maxed. You can either stay at retz, or go to lorangs. Ludi pq is optional for money, too.

Levels 51~60
Getting up in the higher levels now eh? Training here doesn't change much, your stronger, which lets you kill monsters faster, but each level you need more expierience to level up. Just stick with retz and lorangs until your lightning can do 900-1000 max to nuetral monsters, when you can go to hot sands.

Levels 61~70
Training should start to be getting boring now. Don't quit now, your so close to the third job! It's well worth the work. You start to get to get a few new training maps, so hopefully you won't be too brain-damaged from florina or retz mush1o.gif Of course, you can always stay there.

A few new training spots here, zombie lupins and gryphons.

Section 4: Damage formula's.

~4.a- Minimum and Maximum.

You use these to get the first number for elemental spells, then multiply by whatever that spell does, explained below.

Minimum Damage- (.005979 * Magic) squared + (.0359 * Magic * Spell Mastery)
Maximum Damage- (.005979 * Magic) squared + (.0359 * Magic)

~4.b- Elements.

Advantage (Monster weak to your element)- Power * 1.5 * Spell Basic Attack
Normal (Monster nuetral to your element)- Power * Spell Basic Attack
Disadvantage (Monster strong to your element)- Power * .5 * Spell Basic Attack

~4.c- Element Composition (2-element spell)

This is a skill that has two elements, and can be confusing when dealing with monsters. Here is it explained-

Double advantage (Monster weak to both elements)- Power * 1.5
Advantage (Monster weak to one of your elements, nuetral to the other)- Power * 1.25
Normal (Can be either a monster strong to one of your elements and weak to the other, or nuetral to both elements)- Power * 1
Disadvantage (Monster strong to one of your elements, nuetral to the other)- Power * .75
Double Disadvantage (Monster strong to both of your elements)- Power * .5

~4.d- Element Amplification

This skill add's a percentage of the mp onto a spell to add a percentage of damage.

Power * Elemental Amp. % of damage

Section 5: Credits

MapleTip (all monster images)
SleepyWood (4th job skill pictures)
Hidden-Street (2nd-3rd job skill pictures)
Nexon (For MapleStory xD)
----------------------------------------------

If I made any mistakes, feel free to comment.

Might as well post my log-
Started 7.23.07
Added first i/l wiz builds 7.23.07
Added last two i/l wiz builds 7.24.07
Added conclusion to i/l builds 7.24.07
Added Damage formulas 7.24.07
Added 'Ice' training 7.24.07

Edited by xDany, 12 September 2007 - 12:59 PM.

hi

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 1338Joe

1338Joe

In memory of MTDScania's Vlad. We miss you! <3

• Respected Member
  • 1908 posts
  • IGN:myAvGJoe

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

I see a mistake already, for the thunderbolt skill, you put in the teleport icon thing.
I miss old sMTD.

#3 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

Oops. I was re-doing the images, since imageshack screwed up. Must not have copy/pasted it correctly. Fixed it, thanks.
hi

#4 TheEnd

TheEnd

• Respected Member
  • 1538 posts
  • IGN:I Play Simple

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:20 AM

Still not fixed mush1k.gif Check you haven't over wridden the file. Other than that, good guide.
Dedicated to the eradications of wankers since 2009.

#5 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:29 AM

Iunno why, a bunch of stuff in the guide reset itself...Still got it on my computer, so not much of a big deal.

If anyone has a different build, feel free to post it, and I'll add it in.
hi

#6 icygangsta

icygangsta

You want some jiggy time ?

• Official Member
  • 516 posts
  • IGN:PM me for it

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

Nice guide. But will cold beam be as strong as thunder ?

#7 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(icygangsta @ Jul 23 2007, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice guide. But will cold beam be as strong as thunder ?

Cold beam will have higher numbers, but lightning hits up to six monsters.
hi

#8 Spoinky

Spoinky

Pianus

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3856 posts
  • IGN:Scorwix

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:59 AM

Why are there 2 random 3rd job skills in this?
I/L Mage Questions!

Trying to revive on MS

#9 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE(Spoony @ Jul 23 2007, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are there 2 random 3rd job skills in this?

Uh. What? I havn't even done the Mage part yet. If your talking about the damage formula's, those are there to show people how much damage they can do.

Note that this is in the 'Works in Progress' Section.
hi

#10 GotTofu

GotTofu

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • IGN:S3rpentine

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:50 AM

Hey xDany, can I use your use of monster / whatever images?

I just wanted to ask you before I complete my guide so that you wouldn't consider it copying

Thanks!
{B} < KrnX5in > < 31 Assassin > < Status: Hiatus >
{B} < KrnEpsilon > < 25 I/L Mage-To-Be > < Status: Hiatus >

#11 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Sure, but be sure to give the credit to MapleTip for them.
hi

#12 GotTofu

GotTofu

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • IGN:S3rpentine

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

Kk Thanks =P
{B} < KrnX5in > < 31 Assassin > < Status: Hiatus >
{B} < KrnEpsilon > < 25 I/L Mage-To-Be > < Status: Hiatus >

#13 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts
  • IGN:kevinpyr

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

Props for using the new magic damage formula.

However, you're saying (.005979 * Magic) squared + (.0359 * Magic) is the damage, while it really is the "Power" variable in the formulae underneath it.

Damage = Power x Spell Base x Elemental Advantage/Disadvantage x Elemental Amp %.

Edited by kevin y, 20 September 2007 - 03:25 PM.

- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users