Dthvirus's FA FAQ

Version History (excluding user input):
- Reposted in Bowman Guides -
2.3 - Crappy .gif of FA at Coolies.
2.2 - Situations 1-4.
2.1 - Builds, FA, Late FA, FA-less
2.0 - Changed picture of FA to an animation
- How Crossbow FA has no stance
- Seperated the 3rd Job issues into a seperate section.
- Another translation of the FA description.
1.0 - Made the guide

--------------------------------
Q: Final Attack? What's that?
--------------------------------

A: Wizet: With a certain success rate, another attack follows after performing an attacking skill. Only works with a [bow/crossbow] in hand.

Level 1: 2% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 105%

Level 2: 4% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 110%

Level 3: 6% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 115%

Level 4: 8% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 120%

Level 5: 10% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 125%

Level 6: 12% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 130%

Level 7: 14% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 135%

Level 8: 16% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 140%

Level 9: 18% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 145%

Level 10: 20% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 150%

Level 11: 22% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 155%

Level 12: 24% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 160%

Level 13: 26% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 165%

Level 14: 28% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 170%

Level 15: 30% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 175%

Level 16: 32% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 180%

Level 17: 34% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 185%

Level 18: 36% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 190%

Level 19: 38% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 195%

Level 20: 40% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 200%

Level 21: 42% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 205%

Level 22: 44% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 210%

Level 23: 46% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 215%

Level 24: 48% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 220%

Level 25: 50% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 225%

Level 26: 52% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 230%

Level 27: 54% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 235%

Level 28: 56% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 240%

Level 29: 58% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 245%

Level 30: 60% success rate, final attack with (cross)bow damage 250%

Translation: After you use Arrow Bomb, Iron Arrow, Arrow Blow, or Double Shot, You will have an x% chance of firing an extra superfast arrow for x% damage. The more skill points are in this skill, the success rate of the Final attack happening will rise as will percentage of damage will go up too. The shot uses no MP.

For you physics guys: The number of points in FA is directly proportional to the success rate and percentage of damage.
-----------------------
Q: Superfast? How fast?
-----------------------

A: The speed is unknown, but it is equal to or greather than a arrow shot with Booster.

FA is NOT sped up by booster. That would be OMGWTFH4X0R speed.

---------------------------------------
Q: Does it behave like a regular arrow?
---------------------------------------
A: Yes and No:

Yes because it looks and flies like a regular arrow.
No because it deals much more damage than a regular arrow shot.
No because it is way faster than a regular arrow.
No because it has NO minimum range.

As you can see, I would have had to resort to PKB or bow-whacking the Curse Eye away. FA does not discriminate when dealing with close range.

Another example of the no minimum range on FA:

The pose is quite dramatic
--------------------
Q: Alright. Show me.
--------------------

A: You'll know it when FA kicks in. You'll lean back, pull the bowstring sharply back and downward, release a faster shot than before. If you have a cape equipped, it will blow forward as you lean back, as if there is a wind at your back. If you had knees, they'd be bent by now. FA does not activate the red 'blast' of 19+ Mastery.
NOTE: Crossbow FA has no pose. The three frames of the regular 'fire' animation will just occur faster.

The FA pose.

Compare the FA 'fire' animation

With the regular 'fire' animation

The arrow will fly superfast to its target and hit it. However, when it hits, it will not trigger the normal arrow strike animation.

The normal strike.

The FA strike

Crappy .gif of FA at Coolies.
Let it play through once (it will be slow) then after that it will play at full speed.

If you don't know what to look for, it's the single, powerful shot after Double Shot.
Still lost? I'll break down the shots in the .gif for you:
DS + FA
DS
DS
DS + FA

----------------------------------------
Q: Nice. But will it help me or harm me?
----------------------------------------

How FA helps:
-Saves time, because you do not need to press any button for an extra attack to finish the monster.

-Saves money. Time is money. So is MP.

-Saves MP, on stronger monsters, you will not need to fire another Double Shot or Arrow Blow to do more damage. Out off 100 shots, say 60 are FA. That's a good price in MP.

-Looks cool. Purely cosmetic, but hey, can't argue with that!

-Its fast, so FA can get you out of sticky situations.

-Very effective against smaller, slower mobs (squids), allowing you to kill them off while still keeping then stunned.

How FA hurts:
-Activates after Arrow Bomb and Iron Arrow. This reduces the effectiveness of AB and IA. With AB, the Stun won't last if the monster is hit with an FA. This can easily turn a swarm of monsters on you. Also applies to IA.

COUNTERPOINT: h3LLknIght: You can avoid the un-timely FA activation by jump shooting, so that you can bomb without worrying about FA kicking in and allowing the mob to get to you

FA activating after Arrow Bomb

FA activated after Arrow Bomb, so I got mobbed

-Boss battles can be made significantly harder with FA. Most bosses have an spell which is like an 'earthquake' which damages all players in contact with the ground. This requires timed jumps and attacks. If FA kicks in, you'll be in contact with terra firma for 1/3 of a second longer, so the shockwave from the 'earthquake' attack may hit you before you can jump.
-COUNTERPOINT: Auxilia: ...the fact that your SOOO not in advance in bossbattles is overrated. Ive never died because of FA.

-Loss of mobility. Humans like control. We're control freaks. You lose control of your bowman for 1/3 of a second while FA fires. This may not seem like a lot, but when that mob of Copper Drakes is breathing down your neck, every fraction of a second counts. You may decide to fire a last Arrow Bomb/Iron Arrow as a last laugh before high-tailing it out of there, but if FA kicks in, you'll stay in place a bit longer than you were planning; you'll be hit by the Drakes as they come swarming in.

-Once points are put into it, you MUST max it. Leaving a bit of points in FA will be bad. Not only will it be weak, it will activate when you don't want it to.

-Its TOO fast. Too much of a good thing. FA is so fast, it may strike the monster before it recovers from your previous attacking skill. This means it won't pause when the FA hits it, rather keep charging. Not much of a problem against slow monsters, but that Drake... ouch.
The only instance where FA would make the monster 'pause' is when you fire FA from such an extreme range (assuming you maxed Eye of the Amazon) that the monster recovers from the attacking skill BEFORE the FA hits.

-Less effective with crossbows. Because of slowness, the extra damage will not be worth the loss of mobility. Crossbows are naturally slower than bows, so a mob of IA'd monsters will descend on you before you can swear like a pirate.
----------------------
Issues with 3rd Job
----------------------

-Doesn't activate after 3rd Job Skills. This would make it seem like a waste of points.
-COUNTERPOINT: Hiyochan: I consider the fact that FA doesn't activate on 3rd job skills to be a pro rather than a con. Imagine FA activating while you're killing a Gatekeeper. Instant KO =O.
-COUNTERPOINT: Kal: ... FA doesnt work with 3rd Job is a pro another reason is Strafe+FA=Slow. The reason why strafe is such a powerful skill is because it so fast. At maxed lvl Stafe does more damage per second then DS+FA or AB+Fa.
-You won't get the 20 Avoidablity that max Focus provides for 3rd Job.
-You will be using Arrow Bomb in 3rd job. Monsters will be more deadly and getting mobbed can be costly.

-----------------------
Issues with 4th Job
-----------------------
There ARE no issues with 4th Job Skills.
-The KMS patch made it so that the fourth job skills 'Hamstring' and 'Blind' require NO amount of Focus.

Bow Master: Hamstring
Type: Active
Description: For a period of time, shoot arrows that can disrupt the enemy’s leg region: slow downing their movement for 5 seconds.
Max Level 30: 40% success rate, 180 seconds buff duration, -60 speed.
Comment: To use Hamstring, you activate it as a buff first. Once activated, all your arrows will have a chance to inflict a (very) slow status on your targets.

Crossbow Master: Blind
Type: Active
Description: For a period of time, shoot arrows that can inflict darkness on enemies for 5 seconds.
Max Level 30: 40% success rate, 180 seconds buff duration.
Comment: When Blind is casted, Crossbow Masters can inflict the “Darkness” or blind status on monsters that are hit by any of their attacks, including Ice Eagle.

-PokGai 'The Archer Extremist'
http://pokgai.wordpress.com/4th-job/

NOTE: The URL of PokGai's 4th Job information may not exist, as he has reformed his website.

------------------
Situations with FA
------------------
Situation 1: Clearing platforms

Okay, Bowmen aren't good at clearing platforms in general. There's only 4 monsters there. FA
will make it quite hard to kill stacked monsters. This is because you will kill/severly
wound the first monster, then get overrun by the mob.

Is there a fix? Yes

FA Bowmen NEED Power Knock-Back, possibly more than FA-less Bowmen. You will need to get
those monsters off you.

Situation 2: Normal Mob

Mmmm... EXP.
Well, Arrow Bomb/Iron Arrow is slightly harder to use with FA. It is however, under certain
circumstances, easier with FA. You see, if the first monster of the mob fails to be stunned,
and contunies toward you, FA might catch it, allowing you to put in more ABs/IAs.
But, overall mob control is reduced. You cannot fire AB/IA as fast an an FA-les Bowman. FA,
as fast as it is, will still eat into the time of your next FA-less Bomb.

Situation 3: Big un-KB-able Monster

Hey... looks like you chose DS over AB. Not bad. You do higher, more stable damage!

BUT

You lack the solid hits AB provides.
Oh Em Gee. Good thing you have FA. FA is an excellent man-stopper. 250% of PWNAGE. An
FA+Critical will have 250% + 100% damage. That Stone Gollem will think twice before taking
another step. So will that Flyeye. And that Coolie. Hell, you can even OHKO Coolies every so
often with FA. Wild Cargoes... Ha. FA will make soloing monsters simple.

Situation 4: Boss

When it comes to boss battles, FA is great. It adds damage, and possible KB, at no extra
cost. FA-less Bowmen can't keep up damage-wise.
The 'Earthquake' attacks can pose a bit of a problem. Hiyochan: Jump-Shooting with Booster will nullify FA.

Trying to avoid the Earthquake style attack is only slightly hampered by FA/no booster. The extra time in contact with the ground won't get you killed. If a boss can OHKO you (even with Hyper Body) you probably shouldn't be there, anyway.

-------
Builds
-------
Okay, I'm not much of a build-maker, so ...yeah.
Please note these builds were made under the assumption you don't have to spend any 2nd job points on first job skills.

AB/IA = Arrow Bomb/Iron Arrow
B = (Cross)Bow Booster
SA = Soul Arrow
M = (Cross)Bow Mastery
PKB = Power Knock-Back
FA = Final Attack

The Regular FA Build
This is what people usually do. Hell, it's what I did.

CODE
30 +1 AB/IA (1)
31 +3 M (3)
32 +3 M (6)
33 +3 M (9)
34 +3 M (12)
35 +3 M (15)
36 +3 M (18)
37 +2 M (20 MAX) + 1 B (1)
38 +3 B (4)
39 +1 B (5) + 2 SA (2)
40 +3 SA (5)
41 +3 FA (3)
42 +3 FA (6)
43 +3 FA (9)
44 +3 FA (12)
45 +3 FA (15)
46 +3 FA (18)
47 +3 FA (21)
48 +3 FA (24)
49 +3 FA (27)
50 +3 FA (30 MAX)
51 +3 AB/IA (4)
52 +3 AB/IA (7)
53 +3 AB/IA (10)
54 +3 AB/IA (13)
55 +2 AB/IA (15) +1 Save Point (1)
56 +3 Save Points (4)
57 +3 Save Points (7)
58 +3 Save Points (10)
59 +3 Save Points (13)
60 +15 AB/IA (30 MAX) + 1 PKB (1)
61 +3 PKB (4)
62 +3 PKB (7)
63 +3 PKB (10)
64 +3 PKB (13)
65 +3 PKB (16)
66 +3 PKB (19)
67 +1 PKB (20 MAX) +2 B (7)
68 +3 B (10)
69 +3 B (13)
70 +3 B (16)

Alterered Build:
- The last point in Mastery can be allocted elsewhere. Assuming the player wants 4th Job, he/she will want max Bow Mastery to open up Bow Expertness. The point can also be taken from his/her 3rd Job build.
- Points can be saved and dumped into FA at once. This is based on the fact that FA is weak and very annoying from levels 1~15. Fifteen points is the accepted method for saving and dumping into FA, although the player may want more or less.
- PKB can be given three points between SA and FA to help with mobbing Jr. Yetis.

The Late FA Build
This is not as common. People who support this are backed up by two facts:
- The monsters a player trains on from 4x-5x are generally weak and come in mobs.
- FA will hinder your ability to create and maintain mobs.

CODE
30 +1 AB/IA (1)
31 +3 M (3)
32 +3 M (6)
33 +3 M (9)
34 +3 M (12)
35 +3 M (15)
36 +3 M (18)
38 +3 B (4)
39 +1 B (5) + 2 SA (2)
40 +3 SA (5)
41 +3 AB/IA (4)
42 +3 AB/IA (7)
43 +3 AB/IA (7)
44 +3 AB/IA (7)
45 +3 AB/IA (10)
46 +3 AB/IA (13)
47 +2 AB/IA (15) +1 Save Point (1)
48 +3 Save Points (4)
49 +3 Save Points (7)
50 +3 Save Points (10)
51 +3 Save Points (13)
52 +15 AB/IA (30 MAX) +1 B (6)
53 +3 B (8)
54 +3 B (11)
55 +3 B (14)
56 +3 PKB (3)
57 +2 B (5) +1 FA (1)
58 +3 FA (4)
59 +3 FA (7)
60 +3 FA (10)
61 +3 FA (13)
62 +3 FA (16)
63 +3 FA (19)
64 +3 FA (21)
65 +3 FA (24)
66 +3 FA (27)
67 +3 FA (30 MAX)
68 +3 PKB (8)
69 +3 PKB (11)
70 +3 PKB (13)

Altered Build
- AB/IA can be put to 15, then FA maxed, then finish up AB/IA.
- You can max FA before you put more into Booster.

FA-less Focus Build
To avoid FA altogether, use this build. Let's assume you have 9 Focus, as per the cookie-cutter Archer build.

CODE
30 +1 AB/IA (1)
31 +3 M (3)
32 +3 M (6)
33 +3 M (9)
34 +3 M (12)
35 +3 M (15)
36 +3 M (18)
38 +3 B (4)
39 +1 B (5) + 2 SA (2)
40 +3 SA (5)
41 +3 AB/IA (4)
42 +3 AB/IA (7)
43 +3 AB/IA (7)
44 +3 AB/IA (7)
45 +3 AB/IA (10)
46 +3 AB/IA (13)
47 +2 AB/IA (15) +1 Save Point (1)
48 +3 Save Points (4)
49 +3 Save Points (7)
50 +3 Save Points (10)
51 +3 Save Points (13)
52 +15 AB/IA (30 MAX) +1 B (6)
53 +3 B (8)
54 +3 B (11)
55 +3 B (14)
56 +3 PKB (3)
57 +3 PKB (6)
58 +3 PKB (9)
59 +3 PKB (12)
60 +3 PKB (15)
61 +3 PKB (18)
62 +2 PKB (20: MAX) +1 Focus (10)
63 +3 Focus (13)
64 +3 Focus (16)
65 +3 Focus (19)
66 +1 Focus (20: Max) +2 Free Point (2)
67 +3 Free Points (5)
68 +3 Free Points (8)
69 +3 Free Points (11)
70 +3 Free Points (14)

The free points are usually distributed amongst Soul Arrow and Booster. You may, however, use it on Blessing of the Amazon. Arrow Blow at this level is generally considered not a good idea, because it has no practical application. And obviously no FA.

----------------------------------
So which is better? FA or FA-less?
----------------------------------

After looking at all of the above, make your choice. Its all personal preference. After all... (I hate saying this...)

It's your story.

------------------------------------------------
My Personal Experience with Final Attack
------------------------------------------------

Note: This is not part of the guide. This expresses my opinion from experience.

[As a Hunter]

Levels 40-49:
FA was a small help. Training was fine. Dangerous Valley I had a nice spawn of Fire Boars and Copper Drakes. The low-levelled FA was quite nice, in fact. It didn't have much power, but it squeezed in an extra hit against the enemies that Double Shot couldn't kill. A few untimely shots (I call them 'misfires' mush1k.gif) were not a problem at all.
Partying presented a problem, though. I never liked partying with people. Partying increases the spawn rate of the map, and Lv 1 Arrow Bomb couldn't keep up sometimes. When FA triggers after Arrow Bomb, it increased the time between shots. Luckily, I could call my local Mob Control (Warrior friend) to punch a hole in the mob so I could drop a few Arrow Bombs. I had lv 1 PKB at the time mush1d.gif.
At 47 I got sick of Dangerous Valley, packed up, and went to Ludibrium. Teddies were like Fire Boars, except with bad drops. I never liked it, because I left that place about seven levels ago.
I partied with my friend's Crossbowman (asfgfd here at MapleTip) at the Secret Factory. We quickly learned that by poking boxes, ~15 Toy Trojans would pop out.
The plan is as follows: One of us would stand within striking distance of the box, while the other would stand about 2.5 (please excuse my unit of measurement) Gollem lengths away. Both would prepare to spam Arrow Bomb skills. The guy standing by the box would poke it to death and then run. We'd both start heaving Arrow Bombs and Iron Arrows into the marauding band of Trojans. FA was a problem here, because of the fast-moving 'super-mob'. Too bad they only hit six at a time. Sometimes we'd get overrun and have to use Double Shot on each while backpedaling like mad. There was a nice snipe platform in the Factory, in range of only one of the boxes, however. It was very stable EXP.
I went to Chronos for the final push to 5x. Don't ask why. The EXP was questionable. I got two Mystic Shields, so I was content. FA was nice, since Chronos spawn in small mobs. Unfortunately, Clerics and hackers also came in small mobs.

Levels 50-59:

FA was maxed now. It was great at Stone Gollems. They come in ones or pairs and FA has the stopping power (1000 damage) to KB them. Gollem's Temple II was nice, then the Entrance to the Gollem's Temple was prime around 53. FA was the best thing ever at Stone Gollems.
Jr Yetis came in big, slow mobs. FA was fine here. It didn't help at the top of the platform in Watch Out for Icy Path I, but hey. It's not that bad. This took me to level 59.
Coolie Zombies now. And did FA take off. It's only fitting that your final days of FA will be the best. And it is. I wasn't strong enough yet, but I could see that once I was stronger, I could paste Coolies quickly.

Levels 60-69:

The final stretch. Coolies will fall quickly before a DS + FA attack. Pop a Warrior Pill and proceed to kill even faster. I'd take a Forest of Dead Trees III (slang is Z3) map for maximum kill rate with minimum movement.
If Mix Gollems are your thing, the Forest of Gollem was great. Once you get the base platform, you can have a lot of EXP coming your way. Due to the omgwtfhaxor spawn rate, you can damage monsters you can't even see with FA. And its quite comical when a Lupin/Curse Eye spawns in your face and is instantly nailed with a FA arrow. FA might get you into trouble for KSing (that is, your monster dies and FA fires anyway, killing the monster someone else was working on) so considerate players may want to watch where they shoot (assuming you don't require revenge for all those lower-levels of being KSed by Magicians that maxed Energy Bolt).

Levels 70-79

Haha, you made it! Congratulations. FA seems absurdly powerful now, especially when looking at your low-levelled Strafe's 500 non-critical damage shots. Since you've ditched Double Shot, no more waiting for FA to activate. If you still have DS on key (Double Shot is better than Strafe until Strafe is about level 5, ~7 if you have FA) use it as you normally would.
If you're finished with Double Shot, you'll have to give your playing style a complete overhaul. One thing you'll notice as soon as you fire your first Strafe is that Strafe is fast. Very fast compared to DS + FA.

-----------------
I got a question.
-----------------

Send questions to [email protected]
Or just ask it on the board.
My IGN is dthvirus2 in Broa, GMS.

-------------------------
I've got something to add
-------------------------

Tell me please. The closest a human gets to perfection is when he/she is filling out a job application form. And this ain't one. I'll credit you for the information.

Note: I've made some FAQ's for IGN.com, but this is my first MapleStory one. Don't flame. Constructive critisim only. Of course, comments are good too.

Note2: I am a Hunter. I have little experience with crossbows. If a crossbow(wo)man would like to correct some stuff, please do.

Thanks to www.hidden-street.net
Wizet for making this game
h3LLknIght for the "how to avoid untimely FA activation" counterpoint.
Hiyochan for the "Its a good thing that FA doesn't activate after 3rd job skills" counterpoint. Also for the info about Booster and FA in Situations.
Auxilia for the "I never died in a boss battle because of FA" counterpoint.
Auxilia for the frames I used to make the FA animation.
Kal for the "Strafe is faster than DS+FA or AB+FA" counterpoint.
PokGai 'The Archer Extremist' for the 4th Job issues quote.
Hidden-Street for the picture of Alishar.

Edited by dthvirus, 25 October 2007 - 06:19 PM.

Signature Archive: Quotes - Ending the Universe - Air Guitar - Spotting N00bs - What happens to hackers after they're banned - Dragon Pulse > Hobbes
Level 83 Ranger - dthvirus2 - Member of Veritas, Broa. 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Is really busy with Grade 12. I'll not be on MapleStory, but I will hang out on MapleTip.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 FunIsFun

FunIsFun

Nependeath

• Official Member
  • 437 posts
  • IGN:iBanoon

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

Nice! Makes me want to start a bowman...

#3 Synui

Synui

Zombie Lupin

• Official Member
  • 322 posts
  • IGN:SodaArrow

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:11 AM

Great guide Virus! I have like lvl 5 FA and I love it so much xD

#4 WandaXD

WandaXD

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 351 posts
  • IGN:TinyGiraffes

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for the guide! Now I'll know what build to use when I become a hunter.

Edited by WandaXD, 31 July 2007 - 01:55 PM.

Posted Image
TinyGiraffes
Spearman

#5 anoompaloompa

anoompaloompa

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:nottellingit

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:29 AM

you should probably mention that this would be useless if you were to GPQ your way through the lvls 51-71.. at that point you lose your FA.. and never needed it at any point during that time. But i am not saying to go GPQ, just pointing out a flaw.

#6 FlacoFlare

FlacoFlare

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • IGN:RoseOfIce

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:53 PM

...great guide awsome pics! give yourself a pat of the back or two lol

...but now I'm stuck on the dicision to choose FA or not weirdface7ut.gif
Now do we Really need a signature?

#7 Juicy

Juicy

Yeti & Pepe

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1104 posts
  • IGN:SirPenguin

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(FlacoFlare @ Aug 19 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never needed it, nor have I ever even seen a FA ranger/sniper. In over 2 years of MS >.>

Edited by Maj0rCrusad0r, 23 August 2007 - 03:43 PM.

csx8z.jpg

#8 FlacoFlare

FlacoFlare

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • IGN:RoseOfIce

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(Maj0rCrusad0r @ Aug 23 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(FlacoFlare @ Aug 19 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never needed it, nor have I ever even seen a FA ranger/sniper. In over 2 years of MS >.>
hm...well I guess I'll just stick with using nonF/A then...saves u the trouble...

Now do we Really need a signature?

#9 Tony130

Tony130

Failblog Fan

• Official Member
  • 866 posts
  • IGN:Quit

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(dthvirus @ Jul 22 2007, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How FA hurts:
-Activates after Arrow Bomb and Iron Arrow. This reduces the effectiveness of AB and IA. With AB, the Stun won't last if the monster is hit with an FA. This can easily turn a swarm of monsters on you. Also applies to IA.

If Arrow Bomb gets in the way of FA, then do we have to max Arrow Bomb or not?

---------------------------------

My first guide is complete!
http://forums.maplet...howtopic=136184

#10 PainKiller

PainKiller

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 378 posts
  • IGN:Spakakaka

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

Arrow Bomb will be your only mob skill until 3rd job, it would be very stupid not to max it.

Spakakaka: 7X Ranger [Windia]
Level 70 Achieved 10/07/09

#11 Tony130

Tony130

Failblog Fan

• Official Member
  • 866 posts
  • IGN:Quit

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

I have two questions.

1) How powerful is FA?
2) Which is more powerful DS+FA or Strafe?

Edited by Tony130, 07 November 2007 - 04:50 PM.

My first guide is complete!
http://forums.maplet...howtopic=136184

#12 dthvirus

dthvirus

MapleWiki Administrator

• Respected Member
  • 1846 posts
  • IGN:dthvirus2

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Tony130 @ Nov 5 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have two questions.

1) How powerful is FA?
2) Which is more powerful DS+FA or Strafe?

1. 250% damage. It's all in the guide. 250% + 100% if it gets Critical Shot.
2. DS+FA is stronger than Strafe until about 72, assuming you put all your SP into Strafe after the 3rd job advancement.

And why is your sig in your post? mush1k.gif.

EDIT: @ below: Nope, he meant he has 5 points in the skill.

Edited by dthvirus, 09 February 2008 - 09:51 AM.

Signature Archive: Quotes - Ending the Universe - Air Guitar - Spotting N00bs - What happens to hackers after they're banned - Dragon Pulse > Hobbes
Level 83 Ranger - dthvirus2 - Member of Veritas, Broa. 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Is really busy with Grade 12. I'll not be on MapleStory, but I will hang out on MapleTip.

#13 Isokarja

Isokarja

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • IGN:Isokarja

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Synui @ Jul 22 2007, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great guide Virus! I have like lvl 5 FA and I love it so much xD

Level 5 FA? Do you mean 5x or something?

That's right. I'm a nub.

#14 Wenor

Wenor

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Wenor

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

Nice guide. Although I am a arrow blow crossbowman and FA is very annoying to have with ab and it screws up my iron arrow as well. So i'll need to buy a few AP resets.

#15 flyhigh

flyhigh

Nependeath

• Official Member
  • 400 posts
  • IGN:qthefterzp

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

I'm probably going to go with FA after reading this guide, i think i should considering my playing style.

#16 leisureacher

leisureacher

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:leisureacher

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

I was just experimenting my lvl 6 FA(12%) with tick tocks...
I then started to use my lvl 1 arrow blow, and I found out FA works waaaayyy more often with it...
(I tried with my arrow bomb and double shot too)
Any Explanations??!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users