Parallelism, Verb Tense, Conjunctions, Subject/verb agreement, pronouns, misplaced modifier, etc. ALL COUNT!
(This is just a event suggestion*)
1. Each contestant must write a short essay using standard English grammar (1 essay per contestant). The essay will be on a topic of my choice. Topics for the essay will be related to MapleStory.
2. The essay must be at LEAST 3 paragraphs (about 3-5 sentences = 1 paragraph).
3. Do not criticize another person's essay, or you will be removed from the event. Criticizm can be deleterious to a person's feelings (HAHA ) and can engender rivalry.
4. The MapleTippers who succeed in writing a grammar perfect essay shall proceed to the "semi-final" round of the grammar challenge. The semi-finalists will have to write an essay on a different topic about MapleStory.
5. We will continue step 4 until only three contestants remain. If there is a tie among three or more challengers, then the essay with the least amount of grammar errors will win.
The Winner will be named MapleTip's King/Queen of Grammar!
The Runner-up will be named MapleTip's Prince/Princess of Grammar!
The 3rd Place essayist will be named Mapletip's Jester/Jesteress of Grammar!
For this event there needs to be 2 judges to proof-read each essay, tell me who will proceed onto the next round, and tell me who lost.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A JUDGE, PLEASE INFORM ME!(Would be nice to get someone like JadeCurtiss)
If enough people like this idea, then I will start it under Fan Fiction if Administrators permit.
Edited by Levit, 20 July 2007 - 02:11 AM.