For a reintroduction, my name is Alex. I'm not sure what subforum would be appropriate for me to create this thread, so here I am!
First of all, I want to make it clear that I know I'm a nobody here. Majority of you probably don't remember me, but I'm posting here to reconnect with my past; I'm forever grateful that I grew up with MapleTip. I feel there's always "I'm back!" or "Is MapleTip dead?" threads, so I apologize if I'm contributing more spam.
Reading some threads and posts from 3-4 years ago made me want to tear up. It was depressing to see the decline of MT users over the years, including a lot of the regulars here (you know who you are). I don't recall being pals with any of the staff here except Blu3Snail. I vaguely remember contributing to the MapleStory database with him as a Library Moderator. I still don't know if that status had some importance back then, haha. He's still on my Steam friends list, but I haven't talked to him in years.
Also, what ever happened to Haeleonis?
It's funny because after all this time being around MapleTip, I still haven't befriended Ocean/Life/Stephen (don't know what to call the admin).
EDIT: All this information about my past isn't fabricated, but this is how I remember it. Just had to point that out
Now, a brief summary of my MapleStory life (you can skip this part if you want)
- Created one of my first characters in Scania. "Medicga" was originally supposed to be my Cleric, but I was convinced I/L mages were better at the time
- Met a female archer, ended up creating a long distance relationship with her (don't ask, I was hopeless and young)
- She was a pretty hot Asian girl. I would webcam with her over MSN. She stripped for me, and was like 3 years older than me
- Found out how psycho she was later on, and ended my mage's career at level 40. I had a previous account, but it wasn't memorable.
Only a couple people knew, but my dark days began.
- Migrated to Khaini when it first came out. Created my Assassin (I'm not posting his name, because I have a feeling I'm going to regret it one day)
- Did KPQ all day, met a couple new friends who ended up being one of my permanent LPQ friends
- Did LPQ all day from level 35 to 50
- During my journey from level 35 to 50, I so happen to meet ANOTHER psycho Bandit girl. She was decent looking
- Joined her guild and got free gear
- Another webcam stripper
- She hacked my MSN account and spoke to all my real life friends. I didn't even give her my password to anything (MapleStory and MSN had the same password)
- Ditched my Assassin at level 54 when I realized how tedious grinding could was without LPQ
Of course I'm not going to name the hacks and methods used, I assume the forums still abide by the rules.
- Created a Dragon Knight and Chief Bandit with "hacks" (characters will not be named, for I am somewhat ashamed)
- Got both characters over level 100, grinded at Vikings all day
- I've never gotten banned
- Worked with a notorious Khaini hacker
- Assisted in the creation of a trainer
- OH, get this! I ran into the psycho Bandit girl from pure coincidence (joined a hacker guild and saw her name). Turns out she became a script kiddie for the same reason I quit my Assassin.
- Hacker friend gets perma-banned, I disappear from MapleStory because it got boring
I recall there was a MT drop Christmas event in Khaini (not sure where this fits in the timeline)
- Dropped a lot of my equipment without actually being one of the "droppers" in the event
By this time I gave real life a try, and before you know it I quit everything MapleStory related (MT, MSN, etc).
Despite MapleStory being easy mode now, I started playing again on the Arcania server. I'm striving to be one of the top Arans there, but it doesn't help that all these Mechanics and Wild Hunters dominate. It also doesn't help that Arans are currently underpowered, but I'll be around for Chaos patch.
Actually, they should call it MechStory with another Big Bang! This time everything disappears except CPQ, Scarecrows, Jesters and MP3 looooooool!
I think above all, the most I miss about MapleStory was when LPQ first came out. I don't even know what to say about it now.
So what's been going on the past couple years?
inb4 cool story bro and wrong forum