Levit

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • IGN:MidwayMage
  • Server:Broa

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

Mr. Phantom, this will be my last message to you. First of all, I never said your age, I only said what I thought. Second, I never said that I wanted to bet money mush1n.gif. Next, I never said that everyone should put in a their exact location. In fact, I only pointed you out because all this fanfiction, you start to add it into your "personal" information. Also, techno facist land...pfft... of course it does not exist, but at least it doesn't come from some game, hmm? It's only something my friend and I decided to make up after reading "Brave New World" (Horrrrriibbblee book btw!). Next, I will think what I want of your gender because I can...lol. Anyway, my final point is this, you seem to have made a mistake when you said that I "steamed" up. The fact is this. I am not the one coming back every hour to someone elses topic, every chance I get, just to write back a fancy retort using complicated words that you probably think no one would understand. Well, look at that Phantasm, looks as if you're the one "steaming" up.

Now remember, I will not be talking to you as you argue with me any longer. This is my last refutation to you. Would you look at that...You're not the only one who can use big words mush1k.gif

MidwayMage - 39 Cleric - Broa ACTIVE
Levitlitone - 46 Bandit - Broa BREAK

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#22 JadeCurtiss

JadeCurtiss

Badass charismatic genius

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5490 posts
  • IGN:Arisato
  • Server:-None-

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

And this too shall be my final retort. I have written, reviewed and edited Maple fanfiction before, and I'm telling you that you are off to a very bad start. Essentially, your story sounds just like every bland and generic piece of 'My Maple Story experience' that I've read so far.

Satisfied now that I've said that your fanfic sucks? It really does anyway, so I feel no remorse saying it. Since you still think that you're so superior when other writers here do it better, I have nothing more left to say, and I leave you in your delusional fantasy.
Nothing to see here. Move along now.

#23 Quests

Quests

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts
  • IGN:Biroudou
  • Server:Khaini

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(MyHeroPhantom @ Mar 28 2007, 05:28 AM) View Post
Well now, I shall point out the faults:

1: Cliched opening.
2: Fragmented sentence.
3: A one word sentence? No.
4: Lack of an interesting introduction for your character.
5: Usage of Maple Story slang does not go well with writing a good story for the most part.
6: Refer to no.5.

Besides that, your story is too rushed, very boring, predictable and too much in the style of Maple Story.

For your points two and three, you do understand the use of rhetoric to create a reaction from the audience, no?

Biroudou 5x Fighter
Guild Leader of illuminati

#24 MutantPorpoise

MutantPorpoise

Keep it i Squared.

• Official Member
  • 357 posts
  • IGN:LessThanTwo
  • Server:Bera

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

Obviously, MyHeroPhantom is the only one that doesn't like your story, and I understand he won't be coming back to read this thread, so...

I like it. I found it to be pretty amusing, and using phrases and acronyms related to what your writing about is perfect.

Kepe up teh goode wok!
Keep up the good work! thumbsup.gif

#25 ilykenoodles

ilykenoodles

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:HokagexSama
  • Server:Bera

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

Rofl. Nice story. xD

#26 Suri

Suri

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2991 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

No more flaming/arguing please. >;O

It's his story; if he doesn't want to be criticized, then don't criticize him.
Even if he did want criticisms, please try to be less harsh unless he specifically asks for it.

=/

If you don't like it, don't read it. >__<;

#27 Dopple

Dopple

The Joy

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 4081 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

LMAO this topic is a real gem. Well, if I ignore how much stupider I became reading everything coming from the OP, anyway.

Persistant arn't we? Well, as you can see, if you actually looked at the other posts on this topic, you are the only one who seems to make such harsh criticisms? Obviously I am correct. You son of a b. Sorry for the harsh letters.

A claim must be right just because more people share it than otherwise? It'd be a solid pitch, if it didn't fall apart once you gave it a little knock:

Persistant arn't we? Well, as you can see, if you actually looked at the other posts supporting 2+2=3 on this topic, you are the only one who seems to think that 2+2=4? Obviously I am correct. You son of a b. Sorry for the harsh letters.

Supporting evidence and reasoning be damned, you've got power in numbers here! Surely something to announce an immediate victory over and justify launching an insult while covering your love with a pansy non-apology. 'Cause if you were really sorry, you wouldn't have typed those "harsh letters."

Oh and by the way. "Do you not understand this concept that I have been trying to teach you for ten times?" Quoted by you, seems as if you've made a mistake, oh king of Grammar and of the English language.

Don't you suppose it should be "Do you not understand this concept that I have been trying to teach you for the past ten times?"

1. Sounds bad
2. And should be put into past tense

Minus 100 DKP for using a weak reason like "Sounds bad" in claiming that something is blatantly wrong. Seriously? Your second point also demonstrates a lack of understanding as to what the past tense actually is (hint: adding the word 'past' to a sentence doesn't make it past tense), so in the end, you've said exactly nothing while maintaining all the pomp of having said something.

I'm quite certain that you need to be perfect before you tell others to be perfect.

No. The accuser committing a similar--or even the exact same--fault as you doesn't mean you're free to dismiss their argument. Why, because you still committed the fault. Damn man, it's like you can't just make it disappear. Not as though it's been mentioned anywhere that you need to be perfect, anyway.

I'm not a master of the English language, or whatever; neither do I aspire to become one. Even that being the case, how would pointing it out refute anything I've said?

This is my last refutation to you. Would you look at that...You're not the only one who can use big words.

You didn't even use that word correctly, because after all those leaps of logic you took in every single one of your responses, you didn't actually manage to refute anything. Refutation doesn't mean 'banging out a bunch of idiotic insults and fallacies.' Also, you're one of the worst people at arguing I've ever seen on this forum. Just saying, that's quite a feat.

[edit] Now for special guests:

you do understand the use of rhetoric to create a reaction from the audience, no?

hory love I'll just assume you're playing the devil's advocate here. The point of bending the rules is that you do it sparingly and meaningfully or else the device loses its impact. Assuming, of course, that it's even a rhetoric, and not an elementary mistake.

More in regards to the actual work, so as long as the piece remains so poorly paced, the fragment "Quiet." has no place in it.

If you don't like it, don't read it. >__<;

Yes, because you can decide whether or not you like a piece of writing before you even read it. Don't read it, you can't know. Read a bit, you didn't give it enough of a chance. Read most or all of it, you shouldn't have read it. Therefore if we don't like OP's story we should leave it 'adequately' unread at some arbitrary point the mileage of which will vary from person to person, even though it only takes thirty seconds to go through the whole thing. That will surely help.

Edited by Dopple, 27 April 2014 - 11:36 PM.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

Don't wanna wake up

'Cause I'm happy here

#28 Dopple

Dopple

The Joy

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 4081 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

More comprehensive than anything I could compile, here's a resource on how to disguise your fallacies so they look like valid arguments, among other fun slights. The language is a little academic, but it describes a lot of common exchanges including those methods executed poorly in this topic.

http://coolhaus.de/a...rsy/erist-i.htm

Because fallacies are effective against people who don't know how to deal with them, and to an extent people who do. As you probably realise, your everyday argument doesn't attempt for truth as the end goal or even function much on logic. So if it'll win you the game, by all means, appeal to hypocrisy and popularity!

Some of my favourite takeaways:

- Sometimes it's not about who you're arguing with, but who's watching. Where an audience is concerned, embarrassing the opponent can be enough to have you come out on top.

- Much like in war, pissing off your opponent is a sound tactic.

- Opinions that are widely accepted appear more valid. If your opponent takes a stance to the contrary, you can shame them. Heh.

Edited by Dopple, 23 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

Don't wanna wake up

'Cause I'm happy here

#29 竜王聖帝

竜王聖帝

The Courteous and Insidious Maelstrom

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3777 posts
  • Location:In that place-- you know, the palace of the dragons? Occasionlly goes to a Chocobo ranch.
  • IGN:MushinNoKana (Renegades)
  • Server:Kaede

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

Aw, I love years-old drama threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users