RodiK

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:NopeNopeNope!
  • Server:Scania

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:54 AM

I have a huge problem with MapleStory, I use a broadband cable connection (1500KBps). Before I start the game I quite my firewall and antivirus programs, I shut down any other programs and then I run the game. However, while in gameplay, the game just keeps disconnecting me from the server every 5 minutes or so, and I have to enter my login details all over again.

This happens in ALL the worlds. I tried installing MS again but to no avail I also tried playing MapleStory Europe and the same problem happens there.

My internet connection is fine and I can access the internet normally at all times but I don't know why MS keeps doing this.

Few months ago I used to play the game constantly without this problem, however after I left and came back few days ago (re-downloaded and re-installed of course) this keeps happening!

I'll appreciate any help and sorry if this is not the right section, but I really need help as I simply cannot play MS at all with this issue! mush1d.gif

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 G-Type Theif No. 5548

G-Type Theif No. 5548

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • IGN:)Don't have one yet(
  • Server:Windia

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

um,does it say why it closes? or does it just closes? o.0
Eh,sorry guys for acting so rudely. the Version 15 works for me! =D 16...eh,maybe..

#3 Haelionis

Haelionis

The Cathayan

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 7162 posts
  • IGN:Quit
  • Server:Bera

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:03 PM

Your broadband seems slow, Do you live in the New York region? If so, you wouldn't of lag because the server was in new york

However if your in New York now... With that slow internet, Maybe its because the server is now in Los Angeles.

--

If its not that, Then I can't help.

Thanks to Faded

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Brrr!

• MapleTip Webmaster
  • 12220 posts
  • IGN:AimingHigh

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

Run a virus scan, spyware scan and also close all programs possible.

So guess what? MapleTip will be going through an overhaul this summer! Details coming soon..

#5 RodiK

RodiK

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:NopeNopeNope!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

I am in Europe, I used to play on a 750KBps connection and it was just fine, that's why I think this problem is very wiered (now that I am using a better connection). Also, MS is supposed to work fine on a 56K dial-up modem so my connection is much better than this.

Right now I am quite desperate so please if anybody have anymore suggestions, I am open to anything! Thnx for those who already replied anyway!

QUOTE(Life @ Nov 17 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

Run a virus scan, spyware scan and also close all programs possible.

Did that although I do not think this is the problem. My computer never gets infected with anything as i know perfectly well how to surf safe without a firewall even on...

Ah... I am starting to think this is just a MS problem... Anyone here from Europe having this problem???

#6 Stephen

Stephen

Brrr!

• MapleTip Webmaster
  • 12220 posts
  • IGN:AimingHigh

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:51 AM

You have not closed all programs if your firewall is on.

So guess what? MapleTip will be going through an overhaul this summer! Details coming soon..

#7 LamiaRegina

LamiaRegina

Zombie Lupin

• Official Member
  • 341 posts
  • IGN:Babblez/MidnightLust

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

He did say in his first post that he quit his firewall. But I don't think that the connection is the problem, I have the same speed connection at my house and I get the same problem, with EVERYTHING turned off...and then I go to my dad's who has ADSL2+...8mb...and get the exact same thing, on a different computer. Same at my mum's but she's on 256kb on yet another computer. My boyfriend has the same problems on his lappy as with the gaming pc.
Its been going on for about 2 weeks now and its getting REALLY irritating and its eating into the meso supply.
sMS: Babblez- Ice/Light 120
MidnightLust - Sin 7x

MethMS - Tourniquet - First Rogue - GM - Super Awesome Aussie server ^.^ Super Awesome GMs.

June 17th. Firefox International Download Day. Help make the world record. Click the link and pledge.

#8 TZD

TZD

i hav 1338 sader noobs

• Official Member
  • 1366 posts
  • IGN:N

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

I have the same problem, I guess. I have the same connection, yet I still disconnect without a reason. Virus/spyware scanned, cleaned out some junk on my computer (and cleaned out some CPU), reinstalled MS, etc. and NOTHING worked. I'm figuring this to be some problem we probably might not know yet for a while until they announce it of some sort.

Edited by TZD, 26 November 2006 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users