- - - - -

MapleStory: Unable to connect to the login server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 *Arsenic Rose*

*Arsenic Rose*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:45 PM

Salutations! This is my forst post on the forums, although I made my account a few weeks ago. I come to you all in need of help. A sad first post, but hopefully not a foreshadowing to the rest of my stay here at mapletip.com

A friend of mine and I often play MS together, yet sadly, after this last update (The one that added snowboards and ended that horrible, aweful chicken/turkey thanksgiving alphabet event) she can no longer connect. Her error message is generic, and she isn't close enough for me to try and help personally, so I am stuck with remote assistance.

However, knowing little to nothing about Wizet's programming or what would cause these errors, I can simply post this message in the forum and hope someone is smart and kind enough to help.

Here is a screen shot of the error she is receiving..

Posted Image

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

Will the real Tich please stand up?

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8454 posts
  • IGN:urmam
  • Server:-None-

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:53 PM

If your friend has WIN XP, tell him/her to use the Admin accoount, try it there..

Tell me if that doesn't work.

#3 *Arsenic Rose*

*Arsenic Rose*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

Nyarf.. it's not about that. They have been play for like.. 3 months now, and all previous updates have been fine.

She can't even load MS. GameGuard runs fine, then the error pops up. Maple Story itself refuses to load for her. We've tried rebooting, un and re-installing, all sorts of things. It's just this ONE recent update that is giving us issues.

If your friend has WIN XP, tell him/her to use the Admin accoount, try it there..

Tell me if that doesn't work.

#4 Te-Jay

Te-Jay

Dark Yeti & Pepe

• Respected Member
  • 1524 posts
  • IGN:NightMage83
  • Server:Scania

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:50 PM

that happed to me. Does she have norton? 'cause thats what blocked me. What I did was simply re-install the game by downloading the client again from mapleglobal. if she has the newer version of norton, a pop-up will come up saying "maplestory.exe is attempting to connect to the internet" IF THIS COMES UP HIT PERMIT AND ALWAYS USE THIS ACTION. However, if its not norton, i'm stumped.
good luck
Brawl FC is :1160 9404 9261

#5 *Arsenic Rose*

*Arsenic Rose*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:42 PM

that happed to me. Does she have norton? 'cause thats what blocked me. What I did was simply re-install the game by downloading the client again from mapleglobal. if she has the newer version of norton, a pop-up will come up saying "maplestory.exe is attempting to connect to the internet" IF THIS COMES UP HIT PERMIT AND ALWAYS USE THIS ACTION. However, if its not norton, i'm stumped.
good luck

I feel I am walking in circles.

We've -already- tried uninstalling and re-installing..

#6 Grace

Grace

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • IGN:xGracex
  • Server:Aquila

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:05 PM

That is happening to me too! Argh.... I just downloaded it using like 2 hrs? The gamegaurd works fine but I get the same message when the window pops out... I guess I have to continue playing with MapleSEA for now!

Awake: xShattered [Bootes]

To Do
o Do 1st Job Advancement with Cheryl
o Reach Level 20
o Do 2nd Job Advancement [Become I/L Mage]
o Reach Level 30
o Reach Level 38
o Reach 1 Million Mesos >_< [I'll never be able to do it!]

#7 *Arsenic Rose*

*Arsenic Rose*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:37 AM

That is happening to me too! Argh.... I just downloaded it using like 2 hrs? The gamegaurd works fine but I get the same message when the window pops out... I guess I have to continue playing with MapleSEA for now!

Friggin'.. stupid love programming.. grr..

Anyone.. um.. else?

#8 *Hotpockets*

*Hotpockets*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

THIS IS THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM I'M HAVING!

HAS ANYONE FOUND A FIX FOR THIS YET? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

#9 Tich

Tich

Glitchy Silverfish

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9412 posts
  • IGN:Scootaloo

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:25 PM

They said it completely, but you need to redownload as well, what you didn't do I think, because re-installing just makes it prompt to patch again.

Posted Image

#10 DayveIsh

DayveIsh

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Location:England, Great Britain. (Although it isn't really that great)...
  • IGN:DayveIsh
  • Server:Bera

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:34 PM

A few patches ago i started having this problem... It doesn't do it everytime but sometimes after i've typed in my password and done the pin number the three servers load up and when i click on Bera it quits to the desktop and tells me it can't connect to the server.. But when i try again immediately afterwards it connects fine.

#11 Mr.VMule

Mr.VMule

ZOMG ZIDANE!

• Banned
  • 758 posts
  • IGN:VaatiSMule and Fumoffu

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:35 PM

Ok, USE THE ADMINISTARTOR ACCOUNT TO PLAY! tehre is a special account in wn XP that administrates all folders and information, she needs to play in that account i get the same error and if not reDOWNLOAD the game not RE INSTALL!...
~Bera~
Lv. 52 Fighter/ VaatiSMule/ Banned
Lv. 46 Thief/ Fumoffu/ Banned
xxxxxxxxxxx/ try and find me xD

YES I VACC, NOW BANN ME PL0X

#12 *Hotpockets*

*Hotpockets*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

Vaatixx, half your post made no sense at all.

Can someone please post an intelligent fix to this problem?

#13 Tich

Tich

Glitchy Silverfish

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9412 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

A few patches ago i started having this problem... It doesn't do it everytime but sometimes after i've typed in my password and done the pin number the three servers load up and when i click on Bera it quits to the desktop and tells me it can't connect to the server.. But when i try again immediately afterwards it connects fine.

My laptop has a similar problem, tip, be fast.

Posted Image

#14 *Hotpockets*

*Hotpockets*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:45 PM

I fixed mine, this all I did.

Delete my old firewall directories that I had uninstalled in the past
Made my Zone Alarm Pro firewall start when Windows starts

Apparently... Zone Alarm Pro decided not to start anymore with Windows, I have no idea what this has to do with connecting to Maple Story but whatever - it worked.

And if you have Service Pack 2, try enabling your Windows firewall before attempting to play.

Goto..

Start
Control Panel
Windows Firewall
Click the "Enable" button and make sure the DISALLOW EXCEPTIONS button is UNCHECKED.

Or if that didn't work, try doing it the opposite way.

Hope I helped in anyway for those people in need.

-Hotpockets

Edited by Hotpockets, 05 December 2005 - 10:47 PM.

#15 *oooISISooo*

*oooISISooo*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

I was having the same error - and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out the problem. Seems it *really* does have something to do with Norton Interent protection. I tried eerything - reinstalling numerous times, redownloading the client, the patches etc. What fixed it was turning off Norton.

Hopefully by now you have it fixed - if not then give that a shot.

oooISISooo

#16 *luvbugga*

*luvbugga*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:37 PM

i too have the same problem.... i tried everything from un installing and installing it again... un install download... permitted internet connection from norton... and switched it off.. i still get the same message.... this is getting fustrating! can any one help? :wacko2:

#17 NinjaXO

NinjaXO

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:NinjaXO

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

I have the same problem. I haven't been able to play the game yet. Someone please help!!!!! :(

BUMP :(

#18 SG-Maple

SG-Maple

Zombie Lupin

• Official Member
  • 347 posts
  • IGN:xClericSkyx
  • Server:Aquila

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:55 AM

I have this problem before but in the end i not going to try anymore, My computer have maplesea install and when i try to install mapleglobal game. i cant connect, it popup same message like your one, i try many time like change the folder name, install it into my other HDD but it still the same.

And my last try is, i uninstall maplesea game and install mapleglobal game. I can play but i want to play maplesea also...That mean you only can choose 1...

Edited by SG-Maple, 15 December 2005 - 10:56 AM.

#19 Tich

Tich

Glitchy Silverfish

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9412 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:46 PM

The problem is weird, I don't know what does this but I have both versions of MapleStory (SEA and Global) and both run without a problem. Thyey should work so the problem lies with any other processes running, try checking those. ALL of them

Posted Image

#20 Neon

Neon

Wraith

• Official Member
  • 515 posts
  • IGN:Quit

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

I also get the same error as Arsenic Rose.

I think this is the patch's fault since I could play the day before it came out. I tried playing the game in the administrater's account but that did not work.

I actually can't redownload the game since my internet explore can no longer view their website. :(

Help?
ur mum lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users