Photo
- - - - -

Change gender of you character at the moment of create it.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 azz331

azz331

Lycanthrope

• Official Member
  • 1423 posts
  • IGN:?
  • Server:-None-

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

This came out with the thanksgiving event.

What do you think about it?.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Pedobear

Pedobear

Banned

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2020 posts
  • IGN:Emofaic D:
  • Server:Mardia

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

In other games they have this already, nice that they have it now.

Now you don't have to transfer money and deal with the huge fee if you decide to switch genders.
Whee!

Edited by Pedobear, 15 November 2007 - 10:34 AM.

Feel free to add, I need crazy people! xd

Red: Yes, Jep, it's very good that you get sexual pleasures from your damage rate on a game on the computer screen but I am a girl and I do not need to know this information

#3 Matthias Hinkell

Matthias Hinkell

A Depressed Villian ._.

• MD Members
  • 5072 posts
  • IGN:GeneYuss
  • Server:Windia

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

=O Let me see if it works! =O

Edited by Meteor Summoner, 15 November 2007 - 10:40 AM.

Characters I still play
WINDIA
GeneYuss - level 124 DK | MattHinkell - level 108 ranger | DoogaI - level 100 hermit | Meteor88 - level 99 sniper HPEcheIon - level 63 HP spearman
SCANIA
iWilfre - level 70 spearman

#4 iamflip

iamflip

Maple Road

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5365 posts
  • IGN:SageFIip / SageFlip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

One word: G.I.R.Ls?

Yeah, I'm gonna laugh at the mass confusion this will cause. mush1k.gif

#5 silverquiver

silverquiver

Zombie Lupin

• Official Member
  • 341 posts
  • IGN:silverquiver
  • Server:Scania

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:45 AM

This will come in handy to those who accedentially put the wrong gender... I hate starting to know a girl character then finding out that their a guy in real life.

SilverQuiver lvl 8x Ranger
Sausaged lvl 4x Fighter
SpammingHeal lvl 4x Cleric

Ch-ch-ch-check it out: 2Nooobs1Fraps

#6 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen
  • Server:Scania

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:43 PM

Now I wish there was a CS item where it can change the current sex of your character.
Female sins>Male sins. Stupid avenger...

#7 azz331

azz331

Lycanthrope

• Official Member
  • 1423 posts
  • IGN:?

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

Yeah...now there is a section for character in the cash shop (not sure if was there before there was name change scroll) but i think that a gender change cs item will be very interesting...

Edited by azz331, 16 November 2007 - 07:35 AM.

#8 Chasofito

Chasofito

Pepe

• Official Member
  • 779 posts
  • IGN:Asagadi
  • Server:Broa

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(azz331 @ Nov 15 2007, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...now there is a section for character in the cahs shop (not sure if was there before there was name change scroll) but i think that a gender change cs item will be very interesting...

Sounds costly in higher levels. With this new option, you'd might be best starting over or adding a new character with the gender preference.

#9 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki
  • Server:Bera

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(azz331 @ Nov 15 2007, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...now there is a section for character in the cahs shop (not sure if was there before there was name change scroll) but i think that a gender change cs item will be very interesting...

One large problem: If you're wearing all male equips and change your gender they'll all become completely useless, so I don't think an item like that would be at all profitable. I like the change though, I oughta make a female character just for fun.

I should start buying more unisex clothing. mush1k.gif
Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#10 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts
  • IGN:WhamWaffle
  • Server:Broa

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

Now I can make a mule to really pretend it's not me mush1k.gif
Posted Image
Whamwaffle - 3X Dawn Warrior - INACTIVE

#11 Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

B> Mistletoe

• Official Member
  • 1085 posts
  • IGN:Bellatrixa/Hollis
  • Server:Kradia

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:03 AM

See, I'd like this option. Some female armours just look... naff. Female Warrior armour for example. I'd like a male warrior but it means making a new account.

When you play Maple, it doesn't matter what gender is behind the character, no more than age, sexuality or ethnicity matter. When I started the game and realised that my gender was determined because of my actual gender, I thought "Hey, why don't they just make you have a character that's like yourself; in my case white, 22 and female."

I don't know any other game that makes you play as a certain gender based on your own.

As for the in Maple relationships, what does it matter? It's RP. I know plenty of people who RP characters opposite to their actual gender.
Bellatrixa - 11x Sniper
iHaveBewbs - 2x Rogue
Asphyxiata - 2x Pierat

Ohai~ I quit eMS. Stepped into my Destiny instead ;D Less drama, less judgement, less gulliability.

Beginner Mage Guide How To Be An Awesomesauce I/L Mage
QUOTE(dragonzrkool)
I don't think nature wants me to have my hand :(

#12 Duet

Duet

Jr. Necki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • IGN:N/A
  • Server:Mardia

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(PoserMobile @ Nov 16 2007, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One large problem: If you're wearing all male equips and change your gender they'll all become completely useless, so I don't think an item like that would be at all profitable. I like the change though, I oughta make a female character just for fun.

Unless you're talking about NX equips (which is a possiblity), the only thing you really have to worry about with normal armour is top/bottom/overall.

Otherwise, this change just happens to be one that I could care less about. *shrug*
Hi.

#13 Spideyjvc

Spideyjvc

Don't think too hard.

• Official Member
  • 2633 posts
  • IGN:Fourieaf

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

Yeah...now there is a section for character in the cash shop (not sure if was there before there was name change scroll) but i think that a gender change cs item will be very interesting...

I thought there was already an item like this in a different version that allowed you to change your gender or let you wear clothing of the opposite gender. Has anyone else heard of this or can confirm it?

#14 Stormpike

Stormpike

Somewhere in between.

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1655 posts
  • IGN:what

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(spideyjvc @ Nov 16 2007, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought there was already an item like this in a different version that allowed you to change your gender or let you wear clothing of the opposite gender. Has anyone else heard of this or can confirm it?

I thought It was released in jMS and kMS a while ago.

#15 YuppittTales

YuppittTales

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • IGN:School > MapleStory
  • Server:Kradia

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:52 AM

Ahh, this should be really interesting. It may even result in a CS item to switch genders. I'd still stick with all boy characters, but I might make a beginner who's a girl, or something like that. Thank god they did this mush1a.gif
Insecure Membered

+You'll be lost, but never forgotten+

Restarting on 1/1/08. Welcome in the new year.

#16 Nailz

Nailz

Monsiuer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • IGN:Naelz
  • Server:Khaini

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:08 AM

Is this also SEA? When is thanksgiving?
Hey Guys! I don't play Maple anymore. But i'm still Mapletipping!

-Nailz-

#17 PurpleYoshi

PurpleYoshi

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • IGN:PurpleYoshi

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:39 PM

Three words:

IT'S A TRAP.

I really am not looking forward to this, just because of the mass confusion. I can also figure out how this could ruin people: X gets angry at Y, X gets smega from cash shop, X smegas that Y is actually a [insert opposite gender of Y here]. This could lead to problems, and a new way of smega trolling.

However, they could make an item to check the gender of the user, and not the gender of the character played. That would set things straight, and make a little less of a headache.
X-Fire times are as of 10/15/07

#18 Jamie.

Jamie.

Zombie Lupin

• Official Member
  • 336 posts
  • IGN:CiviIised.

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(PurpleYoshi @ Nov 19 2007, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Three words:

IT'S A TRAP.

I really am not looking forward to this, just because of the mass confusion. I can also figure out how this could ruin people: X gets angry at Y, X gets smega from cash shop, X smegas that Y is actually a [insert opposite gender of Y here]. This could lead to problems, and a new way of smega trolling.

However, they could make an item to check the gender of the user, and not the gender of the character played. That would set things straight, and make a little less of a headache.

Wow. Are you that superficial about having male/female friends? If I make a female character, who's going to care? Seriously. If I had a girl character and wanted to pretend to be a girl and you made a fuss about it, I'd delete you. No one cares that much.
[ silf&jame4pres. ; vote4koopa. ]

#19 yayforfudge

yayforfudge

STOP

• Official Member
  • 1287 posts
  • IGN:iStealHobos

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:00 PM

I like this option, personally. :] I made a low dex sin on my main account and didn't have to make a new account for it. And who cares if your gender in-game is different from your gender out of the game. The only reason I would usually ever make a different gender character is for equipment purposes (e.g. level 35 avenger). Seriously, if you have a problem with it, get over it. It's not like the whole world rests on whether or not someone makes a character based on his/her own gender. mush1j.gif

#20 nitroplus

nitroplus

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Get the hell out of my page!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:18 PM

Great.. Now we will have more of the pathetic era where boys play girls mush1l.gif

GMS highest HP Beginner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users