[Pet] Auto HP Potion Pouch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki
  • Server:Bera

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

When I switched to my laptop computer from playing Maple on my desktop computer, I found I had a problem. On my desktop computer I had no trouble using HP and attacking at the same time, or even using MP at the same time. On my laptop however I have no such convenience. I often find when I'm mobbing monsters that inflict a lot of damage I end up healing more than I end up attacking, and that only causes a considerable amount of HP-potion loss. Obviously the less time you spend healing and the more time you spend attacking, the faster the enemy is gone and the less HP you have to spend, so I generally try to stay away from mobs of monsters. That's becoming increasingly difficult since I'm having to train at places like Death Teddies or Goby's.

So today when I saw the "auto hp pouch" in the cash shop, I immediately purchased it hoping it would put an end to my woes. The pouch works like this: You equip it on your Pet, then you equip the pots you want to use in it, and then you set your HP-alert bar to wherever you'd like to have HP potions used. Sounds awesome right? Your HP goes down to low and whoosh, you don't even have to worry about it.

Well unfortunately it doesn't work quite as well as I wanted it too. There's a few things you have to watch out for:

The pouch ONLY uses a potion when you TAKE damage, not when your HP goes under the alert-point.
Situation) Lets say you have 1000 HP, and you're using potions that refill 500 HP. If the enemy you're fighting deals 600 damage you'd come up with a difference of 100 every time you got hit, so eventually you would die. I was expecting that, no matter the circumstance, if you went below x% of your HP remaining, it would use a potion. However that's not the case.
Possible counter: To counter this, you'd have to buy potions that recovers more HP than the enemy can take away. This can be pricey and wasteful, but if you think it's worth it...

Doesn't work with skills that consume HP
Situation: Lets say you have 1400 HP, and the enemy you're fighting deals 1390 damage, and your potions recover 1500 HP so you typically shouldn't have to worry about it. However if you happen to cast something like Dagger Booster and it takes 20 HP to use, you're dead. This more notably would happen often with a skill like Slashblast. If you used it a lot before taking damage, you may have gone under the point where you can survive the hit.
Counter: Really no good one I can think of. You'd have to Potions yourself...Which makes you wonder why you bought the stupid pouch at all. Fail.

Doesn't work 100% of the time
I don't know why, but sometimes it will fail to even work at all. I've already died twice because of this. I'll be mobbing along in the middle of a bunch of DTs; the pouch seems to be working fine, doesn't even look like I'm taking damage it's so fast. Then my HP will drop suddenly, and before I can react [I'm not really supposed to have to react, right? >_<] I'm already dead. I have my HP-alert set to 90%, and my potions recover well over the damage DTs inflict, why doesn't it work 100% of the time? Why did I even waste NX on this thing if I can't trust it? Doesn't that basically get rid of the point? Nexon owes me 20% of my EXP back.

Works faster than Heal
If you're partying with a cleric/priest, you'd naturally want to save your HP-potions and not have to worry about dieing in the middle of a mob. Unfortunately, priests can't save you 100% of the time as some pissed Maplers find out (I'm not saying its the priests fault either) so you'd want to have your HP-pouch in just in case right...? Well, if you get hit, the pouch is so fast it will heal you before your Priest can. So basically you end up using the same amount of potions anyways.
Actually, the stupid Pouch doesn't work all the time anyways. So maybe you can bring a priest along to save you from Nexons incompetence. <3

Anyways, the pouch didn't live up to my expectations. What makes me the most angry is it fails to work when it's supposed to, so I hardly feel like can trust it to work so I'm still hovering over my HP-hotkey like a hawk. Buy at your own risk.
Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 iamflip

iamflip

Maple Road

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5365 posts
  • IGN:SageFIip / SageFlip
  • Server:Windia

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(PoserMobile @ Jun 21 2007, 08:58 PM) View Post
So maybe you can bring a priest along to save you from Nexons incompetence. <3

Oh sure, we'll save you. If they make something similar for MP. mush1j.gif

#3 Mantagonist

Mantagonist

Lupang, mang.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2509 posts
  • IGN:_
  • Server:-None-

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

Lol, sweet.

Remember the old hacks where it pots you when your HP gets low automatically. Those were competing with this system, therefore Nexon had to ban it. Way to go for paying to auto pot hack!

#4 Sync

Sync

Slightly used.

• Official Member
  • 943 posts
  • IGN:who knows

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE(Yuяi @ Jun 21 2007, 09:33 PM) View Post
Lol, sweet.

Remember the old hacks where it pots you when your HP gets low automatically. Those were competing with this system, therefore Nexon had to ban it. Way to go for paying to auto pot hack!

Except the new system was made by Nexon, and therefore sucks. ;x

Not to mention, aren't there only two or three pets that can auto-pot (unless I'm clearly misunderstanding the whole Golden-Pig-looting-and-potting thing)? If so, Nexon just implemented:

- An auto-pot that isn't available to everybody
- It doesn't work well and won't unless potions for every ~50-ish HP increments are released
- It doesn't always work (seriously, what the hell).

So basically, even if you bought a pouch, you'd still need to bring backup pots.

I see this as an anti-hacker movement, however, since faulty auto-pots + stupid hackers = more death for them. Still doesn't help that much though... @_@

TheLolSniper - 70 Sniper - GMS Windia
TheLolWalker - 45 I think horrible Edward Cullen clone - GMS Windia

Tilevan - 32 Ironybot - GMS Windia
LolDragons - 2x Eragon - KMS Culverin

#5 dthvirus

dthvirus

MapleWiki Administrator

• Respected Member
  • 1846 posts
  • IGN:dthvirus2
  • Server:Broa

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:12 AM

Let's all write up pot macros, buy that Auto HP pouch, and claim we're using it mush1z.gif.

On a more serious note... that sucks. That has pouch has more bugs than my basement weirdface7ut.gif. I wonder how many people will buy it. Especially people that lag.

The question is, do they entrust their HP bar to an unreliable macro or to that button beside your finger?

Signature Archive: Quotes - Ending the Universe - Air Guitar - Spotting N00bs - What happens to hackers after they're banned - Dragon Pulse > Hobbes
Level 83 Ranger - dthvirus2 - Member of Veritas, Broa. 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Is really busy with Grade 12. I'll not be on MapleStory, but I will hang out on MapleTip.

#6 Seagull

Seagull

Invincible

• Respected Member
  • 1525 posts
  • IGN:-None-
  • Server:-None-

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:27 AM

I recently switched over to a laptop as well, but I just moved a few keys to make it easier. It only took about two hours at DTs to get used to the new config.

I don't like this Auto HP thing. Granted it did work as everyone wanted to, you can only pick one pot to use at a certain HP level, and as a hermit I drain-lame to heal about 95% of the time.

If there was one for MP pots, sure. MAYBE. Sorry, Nexon, I'm competent enough to hit a key when I need to. You don't need to hold my hand and help me do that. =D

#7 Spideyjvc

Spideyjvc

Don't think too hard.

• Official Member
  • 2633 posts
  • IGN:Fourieaf

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

I myself wasn't really planning on buying one because I kinda thought this was how it was ganna be. Although because its so cheap a lot of people want it (im guessing nexon knew about its flaws so figured if they priced it higher people would think they're getting ripped off =p). What im waiting for is that new scale item (makes pet pick up monster drops that others left on the floor) and the item that makes your pet walk to pick up items (along with the item that increases distance, afterall being a mage constantly teleporting around for training my pig would have to walk far for the items)

#8 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

A little edit on the "Doesn't work 100% of the time". Evidentally it does work all the time, except if you use an MP potion at the same time as the HP is supposed to activate.

It took a little getting used to, but me and this Pouch are a little bit of better friends. There's still a lot of specifics you have to set for every monster you fight (Like if you move from DTs to Mix Golems those 1500 HP pots come a little much, and you have to re-set everything). And it still uses a lot of extra HP and money, but sometimes it has been very useful.

However, buying this Pouch almost seems like you're substituting one set of problems for another set.
Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#9 Mireme

Mireme

Fire Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • IGN:mitzyfizz
  • Server:Broa

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:58 PM

I don't quite understand the purpose of this NX tool. Does Nexon -really-think we cannot attack and heal at the same time?

I say if you can't do that in this simple game, good luck kids playing NWN or something far challenging.

Edited by Mireme, 22 June 2007 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image
Broa: 7X Ranger~ on hiatus since 2008
Windia:Gonna-be-I/L Mage~something different for 2010
~RIP Ascendency~

#10 Jmax

Jmax

( @ ')-@

• Official Member
  • 2765 posts
  • IGN:-
  • Server:Scania

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:33 PM

I've died 2x with mine.. So pointless.

Any corrections needed to be made in the MapleTip Database? Feel free to PM me.

#11 MariaColette

MariaColette

Bowmaster at heart.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5436 posts
  • IGN:MariettaRC (RIP MariaColette)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

I'd rather just heal myself normally than rely on something else for it. If a Cleric/Priest is in your party, you can't rely on him/her to keep you alive. Same goes for this auto-HP pot thingie. So if I get NX again, I'd rather not use it on this. I'll rely on myself for healing, especially when this thing doesn't work 100% of the time.

Edited by MąriaC°lette, 22 June 2007 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image
Click the image to see my deviantART!
Artifact Hunt: 2nd place winner, March 7th, 2010.
Main character: MariettaRC - Level 157 Bowmaster.
Main secondary character: Paratroopea - Level 124 Corsair.
Main tertiary characters: DrMarioPhD - Level 140 Bishop / Sujinpuffy - Level 110 I/L Mage
... and a billion other alts...
Proud Co-Master of KoopaForce.

#12 xSin

xSin

Lycanthrope

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:xSin
  • Server:Scania

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:40 PM

Meh, I still don't see the point of buying it in the first place. I mean like, if you lag, it still doesn't heal your hp. But, good warning.

#13 Nijny

Nijny

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 883 posts
  • IGN:Nijny / Nubxor
  • Server:Khaini

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:57 AM

Damm, that thing works alot worse then I thought it would. I dont think its worth to be bought, if you both died 2 times with it..

Nijny 12x Dragon knight~ Retired
Nubxor 7x White Knight ~ Active
BooM4g3 x FMChar ~ Active

#14 vegetoo

vegetoo

Unjudged

• Respected Member
  • 1544 posts
  • IGN:vegetoo

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:11 AM

Well, that sucks bad... I thought of going to Zakum with it, but now, I rather just get my own Zhelm ><

Posted Image

#15 Sygmus

Sygmus

Werewolf

• Official Member
  • 1026 posts
  • IGN:Bantie

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:02 AM

If I've learned one thing from playing the PQs, it's that you shouldn't trust anyone (or anything) but yourself to do most of the healing. Heck, I can't even count on myself to keep myself alive 100% of the time, and I'm a cleric.

Mixed messages!

#16 iBev

iBev

I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

• Official Member
  • 3217 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:03 AM

..Wow.
They aren't really as good as i thought they would. I don't think ill get one mush1j.gif

KC and I are taking over the world.

Posted Image

I<3UTICH

You can stalk me and my art on my deviantArt, my Tumblr and my Twitter.
Also my MSN. Which is on my profile. Get it yourself.

#17 Turbos

Turbos

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • IGN:djTMcR

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

I find the HP pouch useless. I try to conserve my potions, and I always leave my warnings at 5% (lowest setting next to Off). I'd love to have an MP pouch, though. I usually end up using an MP potion 98% of the time I have to pot, so... Plus, the MP isn't crucial to your survival, so it's more practical and easier to trust with. Besides, if it messes up, you just pause for a brief moment and press the key.

#18 SoulMagika

SoulMagika

Stone Gollem

• Official Member
  • 638 posts
  • IGN:nfnrbrrb

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

Wow thanks! mush1a.gif i was thinking of buying one too, thanks man.

#19 Nijny

Nijny

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 883 posts
  • IGN:Nijny / Nubxor
  • Server:Khaini

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:48 AM

I had 1.9k nx left and I couldnt find anything else in cs, so I decided to buy it =P
And at fog it works pretty good for me, I can now talk in mobs even more then i used to and it just heals me. But I havn't tried it out on strong monsters yet.

Nijny 12x Dragon knight~ Retired
Nubxor 7x White Knight ~ Active
BooM4g3 x FMChar ~ Active

#20 Blared

Blared

Fap Fap Fap !!

• Respected Member
  • 1862 posts
  • IGN:Blared

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:14 AM

I'm really ADD right now . (Can't read) But would this thing be good for Zakum?
Pretty much quit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users